Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR has become cheaper

If you look at the above costs and remove the “less than usual” stuff e.g. the €55 towing and the perhaps unusually long parking, and take off say 2x pax (€45) then you end up with costs which are in the same ballpark as has been paid in very recent years by others.

These costs (over €200) mean that people fly there only very rarely.

In the meantime Vodochody LKVO is available only when the owner gets out of bed (according to his security guy who answered the phone once), Kbely LKKB is available only to people with “connections” (and has no avgas), and Letnany LKLT is grass and – depending on the aircraft type – you might be well advised to get new dentures fitted by a Czech dentist while you are over there.

The only thing worse than a communist is a communist who became a capitalist

Chuck in a stupid airport manager who is capable of sitting there for years without noticing the slight lack of aircraft outside his office

and without noticing that the tea lady is not exactly overworked

and you have the General Aviation Terminal at Prague Airport!

No doubt if LKLT wanted a hard runway, LKPR would make sure they don’t get it… exactly as Biggin Hill here make sure Redhill’s application for a proper hard runway will fail every time. I see one one of UK’s aviation chat sites, a Biggin Hill guy in thin disguise arguing against the current planning application. Or Ronaldsway (EGNS) makes sure that Andreas is never repaired…

@mlty and @vieke – what aircraft weights were these costs for?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LKKB dont we have a contact person for that airport who offered to help in the past?

I think what we should do is bombard a GA unfriendly airport (airport managers FBO and Handlers) with price requests then tell them no thanks too expensive.
If they get enough emails over the year the light bulb might go off and they might realize how much business they are loosing. I talking of dozs of pilots over a years time whether you plan to fly there or not.

Look at it this way at least it will keep them from going crazy with boredom.

KHTO, LHTL

During the week I fly to to Vodochody, LKVO. Weekends are only possible if you pay the PPR of € 185 though, but they told me that this could be divided if more airplanes come, like a Fly-In etc.
Not expensive, 2 IFR approaches, taxi to downtown Prague is € 25. Very nice airport and very friendly people.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 17 Jul 09:15

LKKB dont we have a contact person for that airport who offered to help in the past?

I went through this about a year ago, via a friend who has a business connection there. Probably the same person you are referring to. It tooks weeks to sort out the “clearance” and at the very end it turned out there is no avgas… so I didn’t go because there was absolutely no point if one then had to fly to Letnany to fill up.

It would be good to get more details from @Vieke and the other crew, on the exact breakdown as invoiced. It is entirely possible there is a route into LKPR which avoids some of the charges, but it is completely obvious the handler is not going to give you that info voluntarily

Administrator

Ultranomad wrote:

Thus, for example, a TB20 coming without passengers for 2 days would pay a total of 74.4 EUR.

My post might be considered noise but I can’t confirm anything about a 200 EUR charge.

I (SR22, no pax) was at LKPR in September 2015 for a conference and stayed 2 days. I arrived and left IFR. I remember the worst thing was the wait for the invoice and to be taken to my aircraft. The invoice wasn’t anywhere near 200 EUR or else I would remember being upset about that. I do remember also that it took a while to get my IFR clearance as they first ignored me on the radio. The airport was “busy”.

I’m upset at the high cost I get charged at Stuttgart EDDS or Cologne (EDDK) which always is somewhere around 140 EUR but I was not upset at Prague.

Frequent travels around Europe

I need to go during the weekend. However I really dont need to go. So not being an Arab with an oil well I have to be judicious how much money I spend.

How much is it if you can get permission to fly into LKKB? Is there easy ground transport?

I flew into LKLT and didnt find it too rough but then again I dont want to do it too often as the quality of the grass runway might change after heavy rains. The real good news is it was very convenient by public transport.

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer, LKLT and LKKB are less than a mile from each other and within walking distance from the Letnany metro station. LKKB as such won’t be very expensive, but it’s a military field, so getting a permission is quite tricky. On the other hand, with a C210, I don’t think you’ll have any problems landing at LKLT as long as it remains open – in fact, there is at least one 210 based there – and the rains this summer have so far been nowhere near so intense as to close the airfield.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Peter wrote:

I went through this about a year ago, via a friend who has a business connection there. Probably the same person you are referring to. It tooks weeks to sort out the “clearance” and at the very end it turned out there is no avgas…

I have the range to go there and back to BP so I wont need to fuel up. It would be nice to go into a towered airport again. If its reasonable priced Id like to try. Peter who can I contact?

KHTO, LHTL

Why don’t you mail to the e-mail in my post 8 for the costs. If that’s ok, you have the exact cost ( I always ask and make a confirmation by e-mail for handlig). It has proven to be useful and it saved me already a few 100€ because I refer to thé e-mail if they costs are more.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

I did have an email quote from LKPR which was much lower, but when I came to fly out and showed it to them, they just shrugged their shoulders and washed their hands of it.

I didn’t have many options, short of making a huge noisy show etc.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one