Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR has become cheaper

So I am planning on a short flight tomorrow to drop somebody off at Prague – I asked for a quote for a basic drop off no other services and I got the below, 72 euros mandatory handling !! to basically walk from the plane to the GA terminal, I tried the email the @vielke suggested but I have not gotten a response yet, and the landing fee is more basically cost plus for the landing fee from the airport (40 euros + their value add)

Basic Handling : 72,- Eur (incl pax/crew trsp fr/to Aircraft to GAT;wx+notam info,arrange Airport slot )

Transfer pax from GAT to T1/T2: 20,-Eur per 1 ride

Landing fee : 54,- Eur

Parking: 1,2- Eur per 1hour /approx – depands on the parking position

Pax tax : 34,- Eur/per 1 departure pax

PRM tax : 0,2 Eur/per 1 pax

Airport Slot cooord fee : 0,8,-Eur

All prices are incl VAT for PVT flts.

wait a minute a got a quote from the other handler and its so much better!!, the landing fee is down to 44euros, but the handling is back up to 90euros… boo hooo

Good morning,

thank you for your email. We can confirm handling of your flight as requested, including transportation of your pax from terminal 3 to terminal 1.

Prices are following:

landing 1110CZK – 44E

parking up to 500CZK – 20E, depands on time

handling 2200CZK – 90E

airport slot 270CZK – 14E

transport 420CZK – 17E

If you decide to use our services, please send us time of arrival and departure, airports and aircraft registration, so we can arrange airport slots.

That comes to €185 which is fairly normal for LKPR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

May I suggest LKVO as more convenient IFR option?
RWY 2500 asphalt, open working days 8-16LT, fees last time I checked: approach 200CZK/ ton, landing 150CZK/ ton, customs 450CZK per visit, parking 7CZK/ hour
Pertinent info: http://www.aero.cz/en/about-us/airport/contact/
Current plates as per AIP: http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/www_main_control/frm_en_aip.htm

Prague
Czech Republic

@Ultranomad wrote:

LKKB as such won’t be very expensive, but it’s a military field, so getting a permission is quite tricky.

Has that changed recently? I just checked the AIP and it makes no mention whatsoever PPR for civil aircraft. (It does for state aircraft). (I realise Letnany is the better choise but if you need an IFR alternate…)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Airborne_Again, you overlooked the classification: LKKB is a military aerodrome, not a public one. You may, however, be able to convince them to give you a cloudbreak, and then you just sidestep off the ILS and get to LKLT. On the other hand, the availability of LKVO has improved lately. If push comes to shove, LKPR isn’t terribly expensive, either (see current fees here); if you park on the South apron, you don’t need the bus, you can just walk out to the terminal.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Ultranomad wrote:

@Airborne_Again, you overlooked the classification: LKKB is a military aerodrome, not a public one.

Actually I didn’t. But to me “military” only refers to who is operating the airport. Be it a public, private or military airport published in the civil AIP, if there is no mention of PPR then I wouldn’t expect that prior permission would be required.

You may, however, be able to convince them to give you a cloudbreak, and then you just sidestep off the ILS and get to LKLT.

Hm. Having to convince them in the air doesn’t sound like a good plan…

@Airborne_Again, unlike some other EU countries, there is no concession for public use of military airfields in Czechia. There are some civilian users based there, but they are an exception, not a rule (mostly state or military contractors, etc.). The presidential aircraft are also based there, so I can’t exclude it may also be used by visiting foreign dignitaries.
As to cloudbreaks, I don’t know the details, all I know is a story of the guy based at LKLT who used the ILS at LKKB on one occasion and cancelled IFR at DA. I’ll ask when I have a chance, but it may not be soon.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 14 May 13:06
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Ultranomad wrote:

@Airborne_Again, unlike some other EU countries, there is no concession for public use of military airfields in Czechia.

I don’t doubt you. I just find it strange that in that case there is no mention of PPR in the airport pages of the AIP. Anyway, I just found the PPR requirement in AIP AD 1.1.2

As to cloudbreaks, I don’t know the details, all I know is a story of the guy based at LKLT who used the ILS at LKKB on one occasion and cancelled IFR at DA. I’ll ask when I have a chance, but it may not be soon.

Maybe they know at Letnany?

39 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one