Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideas for a warm trip in two weeks

Flying the Greek islands right now for that same reason. Escape from dull N Europe.

Serious VFR and short sleeves weather on the ground nursing an Ouzo.

Han K

EHLE

I was quoted €100 for landing fees alone.

EGTK Oxford

Flying the Greek islands right now for that same reason.

Whereabouts?

I will be going back down there in September, doing the SE Aegean (Samos and around there).

Samos has avgas, as has Sitia on Crete, and both are reachable from say Losinj or Brac in Croatia.

The Greek islands are lovely. What are you flying?

I was quoted €100 for landing fees alone.

By who, for what weight, what aircraft?

100ALAS Handling charged €80 for everything including several nights' parking, city centre transport, the whole lot, in July 2012, 1400kg.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Current charge for landing at LELL is 12€ (VAT included). Parking is about 1,5 € per day. Handling is not required nor needed (the first is a fact, the former is just my opinion)

Certainly LEBL is much more expensive.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

By who, for what weight, what aircraft?

By 100Alas, and for a Learjet!! (obviously for my aircraft a PA-46)

It might have been a mistake on their side but I have an email setting it all out. I haven't made it up!

EGTK Oxford

100ALAS charged €80 for 1400kg TB20, for everything, July 2012.

The smoothest service ever, and worth every penny because you got the €80 back on the two eliminated taxi rides.

But anybody going there can give 100ALAS a phone call.

Handling is not required nor needed (the first is a fact, the former is just my opinion)

I guess the issue is the standard issue in GA: almost everybody will tell you that handling is mandatory

But as I say above, the €80 to 100ALAS is recovered via their free transport into town. In fact the transport is plane-door to hotel-door. They have a credit card machine in their car!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am going to Barcelona in 7 days time for just 3 days. If anyone can suggest any restaurants that are NOT tourist trap food then it would be much appreciated. Thanks

UK, United Kingdom

Cal Pep is a bit of a tourist trap but the fried fish is great. You sit at a bar so either get there just before opening or an hour or so after and you might have to wait a bit. Look at the menu at the door before sitting down as there are no other menus. Otherwise they will just give you a selection.

EGTK Oxford

+1 for Cal Pep. Also a great (and as crowded) place is the Cerveceria Catalana.

LDPL (PULA) METAR 181500Z 26007KT 220V290 CAVOK 23/10 Q1018

LDZD (ZADAR / ZEMUNIK) METAR 181500Z 28009KT 250V320 CAVOK 22/03 Q1018 NOSIG

LDSP (SPLIT / KASTELA) METAR 181500Z 23013KT CAVOK 22/05 Q1018 NOSIG

LDDU (DUBROVNIK / CILIPI) METAR 181500Z 29012KT 250V320 9999 FEW043 19/06 Q1017 NOSIG

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message