Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Extended IR navigation flight

Thank you!

Regarding tricky moments, the wind was challenging. Doing procedures for rwy 19 and wind from 240/250 degrees and 30kts - so the first two laps in the NDB Holding wasn't entirely correct, I didn't add enough correction on the outbound leg so I flew past the inbound track - but I noticed it and corrected so no major issue (except for the "crap..." feeling hehe). The descent on the ILS was also a challenge with the VSI going from +200 to -800fpm due to the turbulence below 1500ft or so..

But I guess that with the given conditions the examiner took that into account, compared to a clear sunny day with 4kt winds :)

Peter: Yup, now I just have to do something about the last part :)

Brilliant - WELL DONE!

The best thing about this is that you will never have to do this ever again in your life

The second best thing is that you can now enjoy relatively simple flying around Europe (and outside), limited only by aircraft performance and weather (and how much money you have ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well done. Any tricky moments?

EGTK Oxford

Congratulations! Well done!

ESSN

And today I passed my IR Skill test! :)

Camrbridge next in 2 weeks, on an IFR flightplan of course.. :)

3:30 is my record with my wife between toilet stops in the aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

Yes, we flew EBAW-ESMI in one leg, but we had plenty of tailwind so it took 3:40 in our C172, which is acceptable for me - but I don't think my girlfriend would have approved either :) And ESGP is another hour or so from ESMI.

That was a nice trip you made as part of the training!

I'm also at the end of the IR training; have the Qualifying Test planned later this week and if all goes well I can do the checkride somewhere soon.

We ended up flying ESMI - EDDH - EHGG - EBAW - ESMI

Did you fly EBAW - ESMI in one leg? I'm asking because I want to fly to Goteborg (ESGP) in the summer to visit some friends. I could make it in one go but I doubt if my girlfriend will cope with staying 4 hours in a small aircraft without a toilet :-)

What a great weekend it was for flying! We ended up flying ESMI - EDDH - EHGG - EBAW - ESMI in almost clear skies and tailwinds. We spent the night in Groningen and departed Sunday morning with OVC at 400ft (on-top at 1200ft), we and also hit some frontal weather back in Sweden, but except that CAVOK (could almost have done the trip VFR)

Antwerpen was a great GA airport, except for the fueling station that has overcharged us (about 4 times what the receipt said). We flew the VOR approach over the city, quite spectacular! The airport restaurant was good as well.

A big thanks for your suggestions and help. Only a few hours left until the check ride!

//Martin

Aeroplus, sounds like EBAW is a good choice. At flyer forums someone suggested to use another airport during the enroute fuel and food stop instead of Hamburg. Do you have any experience of how long time the stop-over will take at EDDH? I'm planning with a 2 hour stop, it seems reasonable.. but I also know that it always take longer than planned :)

I thought of using Groningen (EHGG) as an alternative, but Oostende looks like a good alternative if weather permits.

The movie looked great, what type of acft is it?

I normally plan for approx. 1 hour for a stop-over. At the stopover time I file the next flightplan from my iPhone using my own AeroPlus Fightplan filing app. Or, I have that one already filed and I delay it a little if I need more time. The rocketroute app is great as well, and you might be able to try it out for free, but then you need to get a subscription. the AeroPlus flightplan app does about the same, but without the subscription. App is free to download and 35 eurocent per flightplan message send out. The aircraft is a Cirrus SR22 Turbo with Garmin Perspective glass cockpit.

Hope you have fun on the trip!

EDLE, Netherlands
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message