Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Copenhagen/Roskilde EKRK - a great place!

Just came home from a flight from Stockholm to Roskilde in Denmark and back. I must say, what an amazing GA-airport! The service was really good(on the ground and in the air) despite a lot of traffic, no hassle at all. We just made a short stop of 1,5 hrs. We went in to buy a new chart at the local pilot shop and then headed back. Great airport if you’d like to visit Copenhagen, not far by cab/taxi/bus. In Sweden we have a lot of very nice uncontrolled airports but most airports with tower and staff are a bit of a hassle every now and then…

We payed a wooping 8 euros for the landing.

And no, I am not a part of their marketing staff. ;)

ESSZ, Sweden

been there circar 15 years ago and there was nothing to complain about as well. looks they keep the standard.

LKKU, LKTB

Well, Roskilde is a GA-only airport.

One can’t compare these with airline airports.

I do expect GA-only airports to be hassle-free and straightforward.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Must be the biggest GA airport in Europe, capable of accomodating pretty big airplanes. IIRC when I was there last September there was a BBJ or similar parked in the apron. Need to find the photo. I suppose even D Trump’s airplane would be ok.

I think EKRK would make a great destination for a future fly-in. Copenhagen is a great town to visit with loads of scenic places, museums, nightlife… although somewhat expensive.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 03 May 09:36
LFPT, LFPN

Yes, it’s a fantastic facility with self serve air BP AVGAS. I went there for 2 nights last year, with the missus and I cycling to Roskilde train station from the airport on our brompton bicycles. From memory took about 30 minutes to cycle – several KMs into town.

EGKB

I’m reviving this thread just to write how EKRK is still great GA airport, cheap and hassle-free – report here.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yep, been there a few times, all positive experiences. A short hop from my place on the way North

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Agreed. Really terrific.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Good to hear, I hope to visit Roskilde next spring, had a trip planned with the kids, but had to cancel due to weather.

EHTE, Netherlands

On fuel at EKRK. If you use AVGAS note that only one pump is currently open (Shell) since BP left two pumps a year ago and no one has taken over the operation of these. It can mean you end up in queue as nr 5 to fuel if your unlucky. So set aside some time for fueling or maybe better refuel on arrival.

THY
EKRK, Denmark
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one