Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Antwerp EBAW

Has anyone used Antwerp for a GA flight since the events in Brussels in March? Normally I just turn up, park at GA parking and walk in to the terminal. Are there any extra restrictions in place?

No changes, just a little bit more security. Just do like you are used to.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Same at Kortrijk Wevelgem EBKT, i.e. per normal.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

(Sorry I got the wrong forum first time)

No changes, just a little bit more security. Just do like you are used to.

You mean the screening process to get from ground side to air side? Not, for example, a requirement for a handling agent to accompany you to the aircraft?

Thanks.

No there is no handling needed there. Even the plane spotters have still access to the apron.

United Kingdom

Thanks again. Yes, I’d forgotten the plane spotter. I thought he was a ramp inspector at first…

Went to Antwerp last week. Same as normal no handeling under 2tonnes. No car parking outside the terminal at the moment. Best to call a cab as there were none to be seen! I use 00 32 3 239 60 60

I’m not sure where you are coming from? From the UK they like a GenDec in and out. Available from the police office…second glass hatch on the right in the arrivals hall.

Have a good trip.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Any recent news/updates on Antwerp? PPR? Handling?

EVCA

I used EBAW in October 2017. Same as always, just turn up and park at the “GAT” parking. Convenient and quick.

One oft-overlooked feature of EBAW is the airside pilot lounge. It’s more or less the same as a room in a budget hotel like Formule 1 or Etap – a bed, a table, a shower and a power outlet to plug in a laptop or brew some tea – but it’s free and right at the airport, which makes it a convenient place to crash overnight.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message