Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

We need to throw dates in the air early because many people are booked up months ahead.

I am looking at 16-19 September

The weekend before I can’t do (a wedding in Lesbos, Greece) unless we do a fly-in there – LGMT

The weekend before that has been taken by Hungary

After that is getting a bit late in the year…

As regards location, I think we should do Brac LDSB in Croatia. This is a hugely scenic place, and is very accessible to central Europeans, as well as trivially accessible from Italy or former Yugoslavia, and Greeks.

EDIT: Telegram link to join the dedicated Telegram group for this fly-in – here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

As regards location, I think we should do Brac LDSB in Croatia. This is a hugely scenic place, and is very accessible to central Europeans, as well as trivially accessible from Italy or former Yugoslavia, and Greeks.

Sigh. I have to fly for 300 NM before even getting out of Sweden.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

So what about EKRK? Roskilde is a fantastic GA airport and Copenhagen is as scenic as it gets.

LFPT, LFPN

Let me say this again

Anybody here on EuroGA is free to throw a location in the air and call it a fly-in.

And no matter which location you pick, most people in Europe won’t be able to get there. They would if they all had a TBM…

I am sure we could do a fly-in once a month, in the summer.

I am trying to “push” two a year, May and September. The May one was Carcassonne and the obvious September dates were taken by the Hungary one, so I am going for the next (weekend) date which I can make.

Administrator

Roskilde is probably great place but weather in Denmark late September doesn’t sound promising to me. On the other hand, Brac will be prob98 sunny, sea will prob99 be warm (24-26) and food will be prob100 great. I would always choose somewhere south in September: Spain, France, Italy, Croatia or Greece.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Brac LDSB looks like very nice destination. I will fly to there beginning of June for an extented weekend, before proceeding to Athens.
Will post my experiience with LDSB

LSZC

My last trip to Brac is here and there are pics there of the place.

One mainly has a choice of staying in Bol (small) or Supetar (bigger). There is car hire, and loads of stuff to do. The sea temperature should be good too.

The airport is outstanding. I am checking with them anyway.

Just up the road is Mali Losinj where we had a great meet-up in May 2014.

Some pics of Brac:

Administrator

Thanks for this Peter
What a lovely charming place !
New to the blog, I’d be interested joining the Sept. Fly-in.

LSZC

I have set the location and the date so everyone interested can put it in their diary and some of us can get on with talking to the airport, etc.

Administrator

I’m in.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
225 Posts
Sign in to add your message