Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

FL150

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow!

I made it to Tirana by car from Ohrid. The fronts totally screwed me up and I have an event scheduled here so could not afford not to make it. I’ll pick up the plane in Monday/Tuesday and fly to Mostar before Braç on Thursday

LFPT, LFPN

Diverted to Split.

A bizjet went to Brac a few minutes before and could not see it.

We did not have enough fuel to mess around.

Winds very different to forecast, as usual.

Should be able to do Brac tomorrow.

Lots of turbulence.

Administrator

Brac airport:

Bol:

We will decide tomorrow morning whether to fly to LGMT. If we don’t we will stay here through the fly-in.

Administrator

Administrator

Peter as always great pictures.

What was the visibility at Brac yesterday that you couldnt make it in?

I cant believe you climber to FL140 to go from Split to Brac.

KHTO, LHTL

I was told bull.

The Challenger which according to Split ATC could not get in actually (a) was there a lot earlier and (b) declined to land due to a wet runway!

Brac was in sunshine……

Split to Brac was 500ft. Initially I was cleared to 500ft to H3 (VFR flight… so VRPs) and then I pointed out there is an obstacle at H3 of 570ft Later I got 500ft AGL. So we climbed to 2500ft, and later 2700 to be 1000ft AGL at LDSB to land there – I always like to position at +1000ft for an approach.

So about €200 wasted. Split was €60 of which 1/2 is mandatory handling. Landing is €14 and parking is €10. The landing fee is same as in 2009.

But right decision at the time.

Administrator

We stayed in Bol last year and really enjoyed. I think I will stay there again next week.
I plan to make a refueling stop in Graz. Any Advice ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Graz LOWG is a good choice with fair fees (for an international airport) and minimal hassles. Fuel is significantly cheaper in Croatia, but I guess you need to refuel in Austria due to range?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message