Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European Tour Apr / May 2016 - Croatia, Greek Islands and return via Carcassonne

Ok guys, the next part of the story gets really interesting…. we had planned our fuel for a high level transit IFR back to Kerkira (Corfu). We had a PPR number in our hands for an arrival and a one night stop before continuing on to Figari (thanks for the tip there Bosco).

On the day of departure from Kithera, the weather was, quite frankly, poo. So we had to hunt around for some options.

The next flight is going to take me a while to put together… We could try to go west around the Peloponnese peninsular, but with the amount of military airspace, there was no guarantee that we could get around VFR. If we were made to turn around or deviate excessively, then we might not have sufficient fuel to land and then make the flight on the next day to a fuel stop. The high level transit to Kerkira was looking “challenging”.

We basically have to land at an AVGAS airport on this flight if we cannot make Kerkira due to weather.

pg
PG
EGJB

Yes I forgot you have the chute.

You were in the RAF?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Megara would be ideal for a quick fuel stop on your way to Kerkira

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Need.to.do.that.too

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Wonderful trip report! Keep it up!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’m exhausted today…..
….it’s all your fault pg!

….Stayed up way to late last night reading this wonderful report! Thanks so much for taking what must have been an incredibel amount of time to write.

Looking forward to the next installment now that the weekend is here!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Great stuff, Paul!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

It’s a great report of a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Peter wrote:

Peter 19-May-16 18:52 #42
Yes I forgot you have the chute.

You were in the RAF?

Yes I was – but a long, long time ago.

pg
PG
EGJB

Been ferrying aircraft around today – the next wave of reports will be on the way in the next couple of days.

pg
PG
EGJB
Sign in to add your message