Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Malta Luqa LMML

Looks lovely :) Thanks for posting!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Peter wrote:

I see Hinda was very happy …

She finds 4+ hours in plane acceptable especially when there’s scenic place like this at the end of journey

I guess we’ll catch some extended weekend for trip to Greece then Paris fly-in and later in August we plan for a week in Spain (Valladolid and few other places).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice report. Thanks.

Emir wrote:

Fuel price was as promised €0.53 (Hey Germany, Spain, France and others with expensive fuel, isn’t Malta in EU as well, with similar legislation, shouldn’t the fuel price be at the same range rather than being 3 to 4 times more expensive?)

However dont say it too loud. The rest of the thieves will get together and instead of lowering the price of fuel will bully Malta to raise it.

KHTO, LHTL

I’ve posted a note in another thread here about my group’s (AAA Switzerland – 12 aircraft) no-go with Malta due to PPR requirement for copies of aircraft docs in advance.

http://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/5880-flying-in-southern-italy-zika-virus

With Brexit, especially UK operators might want to be aware of Malta airport and CAA negative attitude towards light GA aircraft. Note that this particular issue has nothing to do with handing (subject of discussion above) but is apparently a collaboration between the CAA and the airport operations, and is being applied to non-EU aircraft (not non-EASA as Switzerland is part of EASA).

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland

From my example it’s obviously not limited to non-EU aircraft (mine is in Swedish registry with Croatian ownership – both EU) but I don’t find it much demanding. It’s just sending one e-mail and I don’t perceive this as GA non-friendly attitude. However, handling price seems more GA non-friendly than asking for few papers.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I also need to correct the info. Seems that the handling agent was applying the rule for corporate jets. Info from a local C172 operator is that an intra-Schengen flight only needs a flight plan (no slots or doc copies to be sent), similar to France-Italy, Germany-Italy, etc.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hi everybody,

I’m going there tomorrow. Everything is arrange airside (handling) were you recommend to stay into Malta ? We stay there only 24 hours…

Safe flights
Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Hi Romain,

I would choose:
1. Valletta if you like culture and architecture
2. Mdina if you like somewhere quiet, history and views, although might be a bit expensive.
3. Sliema if you like somewhere lively and by the sea
4. Golden bay if you just want to be by a beach and swim

Loads of great hotels at the above.
You choose the right time to visit, relatively low season but nice weather! :)

Hope you have a great stay in Malta!

geekyflyer wrote:

Full disclosure: I am Maltese, grew up in Malta but moved away 15 years ago to the UK, now living in Portugal.

I am Portuguese, lived in Malta for 2 years and even started my PPL there.

The access gate for GA area and school should be an option for GA inside schengen. I was planning for a night stop between Cyprus and Portugal, with such prices would possible have to reconsider.

LPSR, Portugal

Thanks for the advice, we did Saint Gulian and stayed at the Meridien. Medavia had a good deal for it.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
Sign in to add your message