Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggested routes Carcassonne to Corsica ?

Looking to fly from Carcassonne to Corsica this summer, have been to Carcassonne before (from Sleap EGCV) and found it very straightforward but the coastal route from Carcassonne to La Mole VOR (where I plan to coast out) looks a bit of a nightmare, any suggestions for a route through the red print!

Cheers

Phil

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

What's the problem really? Just follow the depicted coastal routes. Easy. Lots of fun by the way flying over the Camargue, watching the pelicans below.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the reply...

My thinking was LFMK LFMU LFMT SALIN MTG POMEG OB CUERS STP LFKC

Using Routes Y25 G7 A3

At FL55

Can you see any clearance difficulties with this?

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Sorry, I thought you wanted to go really low level. I don't have the charts handy. However, you will have to deal with Montpellier and Marseille airspaces, as well as any military airspace enroute. Likewise, a lot will depend on if it's a weekday or weekend. But even on a weekday, the French tend to "make things possible" rather than the other way 'round. Enjoy your flight!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks, but I like to have a bit of height to give me options should the fan stop!

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Just plan the low route and request to fly higher. Chances are 95% French FIS will accomodate you. Worst case you go low. There is little value in figuring out the convoluted French airspace. VFR completely on your own during weekdays is not something you'd do in France.

What is the low route?

I checked this on Skydemon and whatever route you take at, say 900 feet, had quite a few airspace obstacles !

I am used to using the FIS services in France to basically direct-track anything which is not prohibited so would hope they would provide onward clearances?

Or am I being over optimistic on this sector?

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message