Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jastarnia (EPJA)

honza wrote:

almost 100EUR for landing and 4 days of parking

I will never complain again paying 100€ at decent international airport with proper handling, 2+ km runway and ILS. IMHO the landing to this patch of sandy grass worths 2€, maybe 5€ if you want to be generous. Just for comparison: landing, handling (proper one – with transport, help with lugage, super-fast clearing all controls, coffe, juice, place to sit and prepare for the flight etc.) and two days of parking at Bergamo LIME last week 85€.

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Jul 10:32
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

honza wrote:

On the day of our departure the Polish army decided to occupy most of the airspace in northern Poland so we had to depart earlier in the morning than originally planned.

TSA09(A,B,C,D) are typically active on weekdays and inactive on weekends. They’re big and a major pain when flying from Poznan.

The airfield is located in the restricted military area with lower vertical limit on the ground.

Yep it’s there but I have never seen it activated. Edit: it’s active today for two hours. I’m not flying enough there..

TSA zones were not such a big problem until the conflict in Ukraine. Since then they’re active much longer.

Did you fly via Gdansk TMA and Oksywie MATZ or around? Usually they’re happy to let people pass.

Last Edited by loco at 27 Jul 12:33
LPFR, Poland

Emir wrote:

I will never complain again paying 100€ at decent international airport with proper handling, 2+ km runway and ILS. IMHO the landing to this patch of sandy grass worths 2€, maybe 5€ if you want to be generous. Just for comparison: landing, handling (proper one – with transport, help with lugage, super-fast clearing all controls, coffe, juice, place to sit and prepare for the flight etc.) and two days of parking at Bergamo LIME last week 85€

Obviously I am not happy paying that amount however the value for me is in getting where I want to be much more than in the level of service provided by the airport. I could have landed in Gdansk which ticks all the boxes above (LPV instead of ILS actually) for less money, but it would be way too complicated to get to the final destination.

LKBE

loco wrote:

Yep it’s there but I have never seen it activated. Edit: it’s active today for two hours. I’m not flying enough there..

I was active on that day from 1030Z to 1430Z, which collided exactly with our planned departure.
Actually my observation based on couple recent flights through Poland is that the Polish army is so active that it is almost impossible to plan a reasonable IFR route in controlled airspace in FL100-150 range. In order not to have overhead of 70+% I had to file in class G using DCTs. The actual flight has always been non issue however. ATCs have always cleared me to FL100 (controlled airspace) automatically (sometimes even without asking :) and vectored me around the active areas.

loco wrote:

Did you fly via Gdansk TMA and Oksywie MATZ or around? Usually they’re happy to let people pass.

Yes, no issues to get clearance direct through their airspace.

LKBE

Still, I fear you you got shafted a bit there, willingly or not. I have never ever paid anything remotely as high as that on a grass strip in Poland. Unless they decided that they get most of their traffic in July and August and that they have to make a lot of money imthat time to cover their costs (in which case many people will stop going there). Was it mostly landing fees or parking fees?

Poland is that the Polish army is so active that it is almost impossible to plan a reasonable IFR route in controlled airspace in FL100-150 range. In order not to have overhead of 70+% I had to file in class G using DCTs. The actual flight has always been non issue however. ATCs have always cleared me to FL100 (controlled airspace) automatically (sometimes even without asking :) and vectored me around the active areas.

From what I could observe in the last 16 years, yes, they do often activate a lot of areas, but there is zero activity going on in there.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jul 15:39
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Was it mostly landing fees or parking fees?

Most of it was parking. They actually display the fees on the website and charge exactly such amount. I just couldn’t believe they would really mean it :)

LKBE

Indeed, just found it. I definitely paid way less in 2012.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message