Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zika Virus Italy (merged)

Landed Elba 30th June all ok no problems. No documents asked for. A friendly field!

LIPY Ancona and LIPU Padova did not ask for a certificate yesterday.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Is anyone able to post a copy (or copies) of the certificates? I seem to recall a previous thread on this subject where someone had success creating their own certificate and signing it. One could buy a can of ?? and do a quick spray, then fill out the certificate and print it off for the a/c docs. I think there was also a mention of the relevant spray.

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland

Hope that Italian ENAC does not implement the featured method bellow ,for incoming traffic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/14/health/zika-semen-cdc/index.html

LGGG

LIMW Aosta didn’t ask for a certificate a couple of weeks ago, but we did get questions around carrying €10k and had a passport check when coming from France

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Bergamo LIME didn’t ask anything last month and nothing was mentioned in yesterday’s correspondence – I hope nothing will be asked tomorrow.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just back from a trip around Italy with 11 other aircraft (“giro d’Italia”) without sign of any Zika virus disinfection controls. One pilot did give customs notice in Brescia via email and received what looked like a Zika form letter back as an attachment to the reply. But there was no control at Brescia, so it was likely just a cya by the airport in case someone showed up from the health dept to check.

We stopped at the following Italian airports:
Brescia – LIPO
Lucca – LIQL
Terni – LIAA
Scalea – LICK
Reggio Calabria – LICR
Corte Melpignano – LINB
Foggia – LIBF
Fano – LIDF
Ozzano Emilia – LIKO
Bolzano – LIPB
plus a few aircraft also stopped at:
Avola Gallina – SR04 in Avioportolano
Serristori – LIQQ
Verona Boscomantico – LIPN
Siena – LIQS

LSZK, Switzerland

From the various reports, there seems to be a high correlation between the Zika hassle and going to an airport which gets commercial (AOC) traffic, or is big enough to support it even if there is no actual such traffic.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I landed to Bergamo (LIME) twice last month and once in June – no hassle at all and they have significant commercial traffic.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

In August :

Salerno LIRI , Bolzano LIPB, Reggio LICR, Elba LIRJ, they all didn’t ask anything…

Catania LICC, it was mentionned by the handler before the flight, but didn’t ask at all once there…

All where private flights SEP (HB-reg).

Best regards

Last Edited by Raphaël_B. at 21 Aug 09:22
Sign in to add your message