Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zika Virus Italy (merged)

Not sure where the inference kindly attributed to me comes from.

The problem with this Zika virus stuff is that it is really serious if your aircraft is forcibly sprayed. One bizjet pilot reported such a case and having to get the toxic stuff off the instrument panel etc.

All the reports of “nothing happening” are great but they don’t prove a change of government policy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello all,

I am planning a flight to Olbia (LIEO) as a I did several times already.
In an e-mail from the handling-office there is a link now: http://www.eccelsa.com/index.php/fbo-services/zika.
How seriou is this? any recent experiences?

Snarf

Snarf
EDDG EDWN

It is amazing people are still worried about zika. Have a look at this:

EBKT

Here we go again :-(

I’d like to know if anyone in GA has tried to play hardball on this, by quoting ICAO Annex 9 phrases which makes what they are doing essentially in violation of it. Even if the arguments are tenuous, just going through the process of challenging the authority on the basis that it violates ICAO directives might causes some waves. Of course it would likely also cause some delays, but threatening legal action can sometimes get some interesting results (+ & ) ;)

E.g:
Annex 9, section E. Disinfection of Aircraft, 2.31(b) says “the disinsection shall be undertaken by procedures that are in accordance with the aircraft manufacturer”. So one could demand proof that the procedures described in the above link are in accordance with the manufacturer (Cessna, Piper, etc). Without such proof, the procedures are clearly not in line with the ICAO requirements.

Another option would be to write them indicating that this is considered harassment of GA and the visit to Sardinia has been cancelled as a result, with copy to the corresponding local Italian Embassy. Might not have any effect, but if enough people did it there might be some realization of a negative economic impact. It worked with the crazy wealth tax a few years ago. Of course it would only work if actually acted upon.

LSZK, Switzerland
64 Posts
Sign in to add your message