Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Calvi - Corsica (LFKC)

PPR request sent via email and online form. PPR request approved with 10 mins with a PPR no. Very efficient.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Peter wrote:

MAIL : AGCLY.CASAVIA(A)CASAVIA.FR

Their website is funny… Blank with a title of (in French) “Type here the title of your website”.

ELLX

One has to laugh at that sort of thing… the page source shows

Clearly they are too busy taking money from visitors. How much would a landing and say 3 nights at Calvi cost?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Recent reports in SD indicate that handling fees apply. But fuel was at 1,50€ /liter end of June !!

LFOU, France

Yes, but that was temporary, and prices are alread on their way back up. TOTAL is now 1,75€ in June…

What will (very likely) remain is the 100€ invoices for SEPs…

I am starting to compile a lot of popular airports that have doubled their fees in the last few months or couple of years… it‘s getting longer and longer…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How much is parking per day?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Flew to Calvi on Wednesday 5 July and stayed for three nights. I love Calvi and have put up with the grass parking as it’s not too bad. There are more upsides and down. However a new company has taken over the GA parking, Casavia. It’s a big improvement and the experience is really good. They do require 48hrs notice for parking but this is done with a simple online form filling parking is on the main apron in front of the GA building. I recon they could fit about 12 small aircraft on there. Once landed, a marshaller directs you to a fixed position. When you have unloaded a minibus takes you the short drive to the main terminal where you can exit and pick up a taxi. On the return you will need to get dropped off at the GA terminal where there is security and you will need to have your luggage scanned. They are very friendly and the process is painless. The handling agent will then take you by minibus to see the police in the main terminal for passport checks. Again friendly and painless. Pay the bill and off you go. Total cost for landing, three days parking and handling was 108 Euros.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

If they are any friendlier than the staff that used to „handle“ small GA previously, then that would indeed be a bit of a consolation.

However, I don‘t think that this new handling setup guarantees hard parking. You say they could fit 12 on there, so inpractice it will likely not be more than 10. But I have often seen 20-30 SEPs there in summer. So they will use the dirt parking. Or will they deny PPR to SEPs once the hard parking is full?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am planning a potential trip to calvi next week.
Does anyone know a place in this area renting rooms for 1 to 3 nights in an old and lovingly decorated house ? The lady has her criteria
Ideally self catering and with a swimming pool.
I found this but would like your insight.

Thanks !

LFOU, France
49 Posts
Sign in to add your message