Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Calvi - Corsica (LFKC)

We even had a hero turn his taildragger with extra power toward his parking spot blowing everthing over our and the other planes as we were there the last time …. Not even an excuse as I approached him about it …

There was a 210 in the back ground that looks like mine. Im sure my plane is still here in Hungary(?)

Might I suggest that some of these pilots are not owners but renters or club plane owners. Any other explanation is just…. that they are plain stupid

KHTO, LHTL

I just returned from Calvi and again I don’t have anything to say except that it’s perfect GA destination: scenic place, friendly airport, low fees, acceptable fuel price. It was very easy to arrange parking place (PPR because of high season), fees were 57€ (landing and 6 days of parking), rental car for a week was 235€ (Europcar – new Renault Megan with automatic gear) and accommodation around Corsica was 100€ daily on average for 3 persons. This time we were not only to Calvi but we were touring all over Corsica: Calvi, Belgodère, St. Florain, Nonza, Ile de Rousse, Corte, Porto Vecchio, Bonifacio, Propriano and Ajaccio.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What is the process for getting hard surface parking for a SEP? I know a DA42 gets it automatically

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just ask for it If there’s place you’ll get it. Today the apron was full, I counted more than 30 aircrafts and this beauty was between them.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BWT I found few EuroGA leaflets at Calvi GA terminal and replenished the stash with some 20 more.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I was in Calvi LFKC on Friday, for refuelling, AVGAS100LL 1,933€/l, landing fee 52€ + VAT = 63,44€. Cirrus SR22T. After that we flown do Bastia. In Bastia stayed 1 night, no fees. When I asked for fees, answer was – you paid in Calvi.
Trip

Trip LKLT-LFKC-LFKB-LKLT
david

dkk
dkk
LKLT

LFKO is also a nice place to stay. low fee, nice and friendly restaurant and great place for the south corsica. It’s sometime hard to contact someone for checking fuel availability, phone number on the VAC chart were deprec&ted last summer…

LFMD, France

Calvi has never been particularly GA friendly and a lot went further down the drain in the last couple of years – lack of proper parking, mandatory PPR, mandatory customs notice for all international flights and so on.

They have now introduced „mandatory handling“ through a local company called Casavia. And fees have gone up accordingly.

See NOTAM.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It is such a pity that in many ways many of us have done trips in times which won’t be repeated, or at least not without more hassle and more money. Greece “trashed” by Fraport 4 years ago, and now this, at an airport with zero airline traffic, shitty sand-covered parking, etc.

What are the fees?

It would be great to have a report in the airports database if anyone has been there recently. This is exactly the sort of thing which it is for.

Notam is quite funny: “saturated”… really??

B2437/20
Q) LFMM/QMKAP/IV/BO/A/000/999/4231N00848E005
A) LFKC
B) 2006081704 C) 2008302000
E) GENERAL AVIATION PARKING AREAS A, B, C, D SATURATED :
- MANDATORY PPR 48HR,
- MANDATORY HANDLING,
MAIL : AGCLY.CASAVIA(A)CASAVIA.FR
TEL : +33(0)4 95 65 88 40 – +33(0)4 95 65 88 00
FREQ : 131.475MHZ CALL SIGN CASAVIA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom