Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Calvi - Corsica (LFKC)

This is a bit historical but @emir got hard parking at Calvi for his DA42. I think they automatically parked twins on tarmac. It was just around the corner from the “sandpit” apron:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wish to join, but my prop strike at the weekend have every plans overwritten :(

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

That’s really horrible. Sorry to hear. I had one myself… grounded for 3 months.

Cannes posts moved to Cannes LFMD thread

Administrator

Just for information I was in calvi 6 of june.

PPR madatory (72 for covid but 48 normaly), now in corsica PPR is everywhere. And handling is mandatory. I pay 85€ all taxes incl.
I stay two days but I think it is flat tax.

Of course nobody at this time on apron and Calvi was a gost town…. (I hope it improved)

For those who know calvi the only change is 85€ instead of 35€….

Service is the same, parking are the same… still BP for avgas…

Hope it helps…

PPG
LFNV

Merci @PPG !
Could you make a report in the airport database when you have time ?

Beware, your email is visible in your profile, bots might take it.

LFOU, France

Actually, the public email is protected in several ways from “undesirable” lookers:

• it is visible only to logged in users
  • the above are nowadays manually approved, with some checks implemented (we used to get too many fake passport etc spammers)
  • it is partly obfuscated (look at the page source and you will see)
  • EuroGA is behind Cloudflare (as is the Airports site actually) which blocks a load of attackers

But yes it is better to not show the public email address.

Many thanks for your report PPG

Administrator

I try to do an airport report but noway to activate “submit button” even if all requested field are filled….

PPG
LFNV

What browser are you using? Are any mandatory fields missing or wrong (marked “required” or a red error)? Otherwise, a screenshot of the data would be great; email to me at

Administrator

@PPG check your PMs. I asked for details of your browser etc. We have ~220 reports and this has not been previously reported (within the past month or more; since then the entry form was rewritten) so it would be great to know more.

Administrator

The above issue is resolved. It was the Comments field, which needs to have something entered before the Submit button is un-greyed.

Calvi is a superb destination and I will do it again ASAP, so long as tarmac parking can be arranged. It would be great to know the exact process for doing that, and the cost.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message