Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plea to pilots to support EGKR Redhill's retrospective planning application for taxiway improvements

Bump…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for “bumping” Peter! Comments of support are still being accepted here if anyone wishes to add their own…

Thank you to everybody else who has already done so.

UK, United Kingdom

I read the retrospective application has been refused on appeal.

The owners of Redhill want to close it down and build a few thousand houses.

Does anyone know the real situation?

Obviously Biggin did all they can to block anything at Redhill (they always do) because Redhill already has ATC so if it got a decent hard runway it could get GPS approaches and would really compete with Biggin, which – as far as basing there goes – is bogged down in maintenance company politics e.g. you can’t get hangarage unless you let the said firm maintain your plane… there are no hangars where freelance work on a plane can be done (I have investigated this seriously in the past).

Administrator

Peter wrote:

e.g. you can’t get hangarage unless you let the said firm maintain your plane

Yes, you can. The aircraft that had parked alongside mine has now moved to a hangar. The maintenance is done at Andrewsfield.

Many pilots would be very interested in the name of a company offering hangarage.

Do any Redhill based pilots know anything about the topic?

Administrator

The airport themselves were my landlords a few years ago. There was no requirement to have maintenance done on-site, but there was also a ban on doing [major] work in the hangar.

EGEO
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message