Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

North West Ireland

Our airplane came back from its annual inspection last Friday so I thought I'd take it out for a trip on Saturday.

Nothing too adverterious, I just went to Donegal (EIDL) and LetterKenny (EILT) and return back to base Weston (EIWT) near Dublin.

However it struck me that the scenery in the North West of Ireland is very beautiful, but probably a long way from the rolling green fields that most of you probably think of when you think of Ireland.

So I took a few photos so that hopefully you can get a different taste of Ireland.

EIDL is right beside a lovely beach which takes about two minutes to walk to from the EIDL terminal door.

Donegal Airport...you can see the beach to the left of the runway.

Some of the scenery of North West Ireland

I hope you like them :)

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I hope you like them :)

Yu bet :-)

Western Ireland has been the favorite holiday destination for my wife and myself for a long time! But I have never flown there privately (not privately for myself at least) but used car&ferry or scheduled flight and train to get there. My real favorite spots are in county Sligo. Flying to Sligo airport is high on my list of things remaining to do!

EDDS - Stuttgart

WN,

Next time you are on holiday in Ireland let me know. If my work schedule allows, I'll try to meet up and bring you for a trip :)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Must put Ireland on to my to do list. I went to Dublin once courtesy of RyaiAir but would like to fly it myself. Lovely photos and scenery :-)

Thanks a lot.

There are a few very nice piccies of Ireland's northwesterly coast a little further down in this photo gallery. I did this trip in july 2012. Always at 500 feet or above, though...;-)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Next time you are on holiday in Ireland let me know. If my work schedule allows, I'll try to meet up and bring you for a trip :)

Would love to do that! This year, my wife has booked something in Scotland (I don't know if I will be able to join her - we business aviators always get our schedule in the very last minute...). But if I have a regular flight to Ireland some time, I will let you know. A few years back we had a customer who had his staff commuting back and forth between Stuttgart and Cork every week. Those were always very pleasant flights, but with minimum ground time in Cork unfortunately.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Great pics. Given me some good trip ideas....

EGTK Oxford

Fantastic scenery....looks like the Outer Hebrides....but with Guiness!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Must put Ireland on to my to do list. I went to Dublin once courtesy of RyaiAir but would like to fly it myself.

Great pics. Given me some good trip ideas....

If you guys need any help with planning or logistics, just ask ;)

EIWT Weston, Ireland
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message