Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Members interested in crossing Atlantic

I am doing another crossing in late September departing Munich on Sep 24. Returning 29 Sep.

No cost other than your accomodation and other personal expenses. The crossing and return take about 2 days. Going to Orlando on way over and sstopping NY and Boston on the return.

If any regular members would like to tag along please message me. You would need a US passport or visa. Visa waiver doesn’t work on way over but could on way back if you have a refundable return flight. Alternatively you could finish in Canada on way over and not require a visa.

Better right if the member has an instrument rating but for those who are working towards one it may also be fine.

Last Edited by JasonC at 07 Aug 18:59
EGTK Oxford

What a Nice opportunity, still something I really want to do. A pity I don’t have any time on those dates.

Hope you Will have a Nice trip!

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Same situation as Vieke: would love to, but no time. Very generous offer though. If anyone else goes: you owe us a trip report ;)

EHTE, Netherlands

Great opportunity! May be able to join you on eastbound leg.

Jason, where else do you plan to land on your way to the US and back?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Ultranomad wrote:

Jason, where else do you plan to land on your way to the US and back?

On way there, Wick, Reykjavik, Narsarsuaq, Goose Bay, Bangor, Boston, Orlando. Back, NewYork, Boston, Goose Bay, Narsarsuaq, Reykjavik, Oxford.

EGTK Oxford

I see. In this case, it’s the UK that causes visa problems for me… takes about a month (sometimes even two) to obtain, and they keep your passport in the meantime.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

@JasonC: Is the offer still good, I am pretty interested? I have a CPL and IFR.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Ultranomad wrote:

I see. In this case, it’s the UK that causes visa problems for me… takes about a month (sometimes even two) to obtain, and they keep your passport in the meantime.

Get a second passport.

Hi Jason, this is really kind of you! I’ve always been interested in doing an Atlantic crossing and it would certainly be a pleasure to do it with an experienced pilot like you. Coincidentally I also have some time off end of September so no problem there. Visa could be arranged in time on my side. I’m VFR only, but always had a keen interest in flying IFR. Munich is close to Linz so actually a perfect departure for me. Let me know if this is still a possibility and in case you can’t find anyone available that fits your profile I gladly join!

30 Posts
Sign in to add your message