Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Members interested in crossing Atlantic

I don’t have a US visa, can’t manage the time off work at the moment, and don’t have an IR. So this trip isn’t for me.

But I’d just like to thank Jason for offering it to the members here. It’s extremely generous, and likely to be the trip of a lifetime for whoever gets to go. It really makes a nice community feel here that members are so willing to be generous to others. Thank you Jason!

Indeed, I’ve benefited in the past from some extremely generous trips that Peter has taken me on, so I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of such a generous trip!

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Seeing how much attention this thread is getting, what are the chances that other such trips are organized? Is it possible with on airplane of other members, not jets? Would there be interest?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Thuis Sounds like a chance of a lifetime. Thank you very much for offering! For me it is very hard to get these days off.

jkv
EHEH

Oh, that would have been so great! Just a week too early for me (and it seems I’m reading this thread too late anyway). In fact, on the day of departure, I’ll probably be in Munich but not in any condition for flight – not even as a passenger.

I’m only going to the US a week later – looks like the good old airlines, then.

To those who have the great opportunity to join this trip: Enjoy and make the most of it! :) Thanks, Jason, for offering this!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I second Colm’s statement.
I am VFR but would have loved to do this trip as a pre-learning experience before finally embarking on my IFR.
Am curious to know why the visa waiver doesn’t work. Does that only apply if you are travelling on a scheduled flight?
Next time….

Forever learning
EGTB

Visa waivers only work on scheduled flights – it was never clear to me why, as private flights are subject to eAPIS and are under the obligation to land at an AOE same as commercial operators.

The only way to make use of the visa waiver provision is if you fly commercial, rent (or hire somebody) a plane to fly you to the contiguous territories and return within the 90 days visa period.

CBP is very aware of the rule and it’ll be the first question they ask if they don’t see a visa.

Jason’s Mustang is amazing. I had a little trip with him here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

Visa waivers only work on scheduled flights – it was never clear to me why

AFAIK you can register as an operator (even when not US based) and then your passengers can make use of VWP just the same as if flying scheduled.

You can, but it’s not exactly straightforward.

If there are 3 people that would want to join and share costs, I would fly to the US and back with a Seneca 2-200 T aircraft. PM me if interested.

EDLE, Netherlands
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message