Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I think I mentioned the restrictions for weekend flying. The NOTAM refers to AIP SUP 226/15 which is where you will find the relevant details.

So you need to put that code in Box 18.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We always stay near Annecy (Veyrier du Lac) and hire a car. In that case we sometimes drive up to Thones and then to Manigod/Croix Fry. There is a big car park at the bottom of the lifts and it’s a good place to start with a little easier skiing.

If we are feeling a bit more like getting stuck in it’s straight through the village to La Balme, same arrangement, big car park near the bottom of the gondola.

Parking in the village is in a multi-level car park and it’s a bit of a tiresome walk to the lifts, only a few hundred metres, but in ski boots….

All the ski areas connect well if there’s plenty of snow; if it’s a bit tight then the track down to the village from Beauregard and Croix Fry can be a bit patchy and I don’t like poling!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Someone suggested Le Grand Bornand is a lot nicer than La Clusaz but I have no details.

Administrator

It is. Plenty beginner easy blue slopes too.

Peter wrote:

Someone suggested Le Grand Bornand is a lot nicer than La Clusaz but I have no details

It’s all personal opinion, and I think it depends on how good a skier you are, and your particular likes and dislikes.
We weren’t so keen on Le Grand Bornand, but I know some locals that always go there.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Try Les Gets.

It is excellent and also nearby .. Albeit a bit further than Grand Bornand.

Is anyone here interested in doing Annecy this weekend, 11-14 March, to ski at Le Grand Bornand?

Administrator

I would have joined but am training for my IR in Grenoble both Saturday and Sunday. My misses is skiing in La Clusaz today and taking friends up to Le Grand Bornand tomorrow. We’ve had plenty of snow over the weekend (skied on Saturday). Very cold this week so snow should hold.

Wim

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

To fly to Annecy on a weekend you have to use this website which presents this

and you have to use the Company Account option!

You have to invent some company name.

Then (once you had the email login confirmation) you click on the + to create your flight

Well, that doesn’t work because before that you have to create your Fleet

They are using an out of date ICAO code table because TB20 doesn’t exist so I used the old TRIN.

Fill the form in

and you should see something like this

I then got an email (from a fake sender address) referring to a price list under “documents” but I can’t see anything like that.

They have now confirmed:

“There is no handling mandatory because you are coming on Friday, in case you are cimon on week end , handling ’ll be charge.”

I’ve put the price list here – 18 pages of it and not yet deciphered it.

On a quick read it looks like €10 landing, plus €1/hr parking, plus €15 per passenger, plus €0.10 per litre of any avgas purchased there.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message