Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have never imagined Brac with snow. It is high though so why not ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

I might fly there this week for a short visit.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

I would be up for a ski fly-in in February.

What do you have in mind?

KHTO, LHTL

Just a small rant/warning about Verona LIPX. Yesterday we were flying to Bolzano and landing was not possible due to weather. We diverted to Verona. As we had no transfer arranged there, we used the sat phone to ask the handler to arrange transfer to MdiC. Big mistake. Paid 3x market price. I know what it is, because I went in in the past. So beware..

LPFR, Poland

But they did allow you to park your plane there, despite you – I assume – not having obtained a parking PPR beforehand?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What do you have in mind?

I am open to suggestions. I will be doing Madonna in January so would be interested in trying elsewhere, where there are decent wide long blue runs, etc. Lots of locations have come up earlier in this thread.

not having obtained a parking PPR beforehand?

For a diversion?

I’ve been to Verona loads of times (airline) and they have loads of room. I think Loco’s TBM would vanish among the bizjets at the far right

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not true at all. “Room” is not decisive in countries like Italy. It’s the number of GA parking spots, and I think LIPV have 5 or so of those (upper right of photo). In summer at least, often, two are occupied and the three others are reserved…

Never fly to an Italian “big” airport without having booked a parking space. Sad but true.

Of course, if you come unannounced (such as in a diversion) and there really is a space available, then they won’t throw you out again, but even that normally doesn’t go without at least some amount of discussion.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jan 18:54
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

But they did allow you to park your plane there, despite you – I assume – not having obtained a parking PPR beforehand?

Plane went back to Poland after refueling. ATC did ask how long we will stay as soon as we told our intentions to land there. We didn’t have PPR. Only had the airport as alternate. (My TBM is down for maintenance. Grease leak from propeller assembly and corrosion in fuel tank. We were flying in a Cessna).

Last Edited by loco at 18 Jan 20:20
LPFR, Poland

boscomantico wrote:

Not true at all. “Room” is not decisive in countries like Italy. It’s the number of GA parking spots, and I think LIPV have 5 or so of those (upper right of photo).

Sorry but this is the very reason GA is in the dumpster in Europe. As it should be with that attitude.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message