Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No airport charges weekend 22 23 October Ostend (OST/EBOS)

@peter
see my post above 27oct 20.05, breakdown cost for your TB20
http://www.ost.aero/en/b2b/technical-information/airport-fees

Best regards,

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

What are the fees?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

With these fees which are almost the same for a 4t Mustang, it makes Ostend an excellent option as a Schengen entry stop.

EGTK Oxford

The airport intends to improve facilities for light aircraft at the apron 3 site :

One thing, is working in the short term for an on site payment possibility (cards only with portable payment terminal). Now it is mandatory to go to pay in the navigation office, ground floor main apron 2 = terminal building.

For years there used to be a bar/restaurant with a nice south orientated terrace overlooking apron3 (Charles Lindbergh / former Icarus), but the contract ended begining of 2016. A restart is possible.

Extra Schengen visitors do have to exit/enter via the main terminal at apron 2, as the immigration office is located overthere. On site immigration facilities on apron 3 would reduce transit times for people using EBOS as an entry/exit immigration stop only. This item is also being reviewed .

Providing bicycles (for rent) is being considered as well.

Regards,
Wim

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

Peter wrote:

@wim – I may have missed it earlier but what would normally be the total cost of flying a TB20 (1400kg) to EBOS, IFR? And what would be overnight parking?

Hello Peter,

For you specific, this should be:
+ 10euro landing + 10euro take-off (=both minimum rate for daytime movements 0700LT-2159LT) + VAT = 24,20euro
+ parking: first 6hrs : NIL, thereafter per 24hrs=15euro.
+ per departing passenger : 13euro
+ this includes free shuttle (to main terminal, navigation office, immigration/customs,etc) by the marshaller.
+ no mandatory handling
+ 24/7 presence of immigration, no prior notice is required, but it might be useful to send them f.i. your GAR in advance.

You can crosscheck the airport charges here: http://www.ost.aero/en/b2b/technical-information/airport-fees

If you want more info, let me know,

Best regards,
Wim

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

As we all know the AIP is lucky to contain half the story… see previous threads on Bordeaux, Prague, etc, etc… largely due to mandatory handling arrangements levying their own money. That’s why I asked Wim who appears to work there.

Administrator

At least part of the answer is in the AIP, GEN 4.1, para 7 “EBOS”

Last Edited by at 27 Oct 18:12
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@wim – I may have missed it earlier but what would normally be the total cost of flying a TB20 (1400kg) to EBOS, IFR? And what would be overnight parking?

Administrator

The weather looked decent and I would remain between two fronts

On departure from LFPT I had OVC300 and 4000 m visibility and ILS U/S so I needed a departure alternate. The only choice was EBOS where the weather was not much better but at least the ILS were serviceable. I was VMC pretty soon after departure and remained so to destination although I did not see the runway until I was 400’ AAL. For northbound departure I had no other choice than filing to MTD VOR, but soon thereafter I got de DCT KOK for the ILS 08 at EBOS where I landed after 00:59 airborne time.

I finally figured out where Le Touquet (L2K) is that everyone is talking so highly about. But this is not where we had lunch this time.

I was looking forward to a dessert – something like that:

But while I was talking to my neighbour (Alex) and not paying attention, the others decided I would not have any dessert… So I had to get one of those to go somewhat later:

On the return trip I did not fly over one single waypoint in my filed route!

At least the route flown was somewhat shorter.

The weather was still like this in Ostend when we left

But the warm front over France had moved North

so I was IMC from DPE to landing and this is what it looked like on the ground at LFPT upon arrival

Great day out! I walked over 10.000 steps which I should do every day, left on a foggy morning to spend a whole day in the sun and got back in the rain.

LFPT, LFPN

Here is a really cheap quick and dirty video of the flight to EBOS

I just stuck the camera on a suction cup in the cockpit. The interesting bit is just how late on the ILS the runway appears – around 3:00.

The rest of it is just a drive around the airport; fairly usual for one this size.

Administrator
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message