Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best GA Aerodrome for Vienna

Or you can always use the Visual approach feature in GTN version 6(.2?) ;)
Just kidding.. don’t try this at home..

EDLN and EDKB

mrfacts wrote:

Just kidding.. don’t try this at home..

It’s ok, I don’t have a home in the airplane.

ESME, ESMS

I was talking about this: Garmin press release

This feature is amazing and I have used it several times (in VMC of course) to fly „personal“ approaches.. We don‘t need no stinking ILSs…

EDLN and EDKB

Why not fly to Vienna International (LOWW). It has a great GA terminal. It has been a few years since I have landed there, so don’t have the prices at hand, but can’t remember them being very expensive or handling to be mandatory.

EDLE, Netherlands

I didn’t even ask.. You are right – it could be worth checking.. If I remember I’ll ask the folks at Stockerau whether they deem LOWW an alternative.

EDLN and EDKB

On EDDH there is a mention of approximately 300 Euros for a 1500 kg airplane including 3 days parking at LOWW. Someone else mentions €250 for handling for a DA42 plus €116 landing fee. These reports are not that recent so it would be worth asking, just to know. LOWW appears to be another one of those GA unfriendly airports, despite having a lot less traffic than comparable ones who have acceptable charges.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Someone else mentions €250 for handling for a DA42 plus €116 landing fee.

A less than a year old pilot report in “another forum” stated that handling is not compulsory.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It would not be hard to establish this with a phone call

Pilot reports of costs are actually worth very little more than pointers to further research. I would certainly not use them to avoid an airport which I actually want to fly to for a reason.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LOWW apparently charges EUR 118 plus change for MTOW < 4t. Details in the sidebar under “Charges Regulations” here. It’s a long(ish) document and I didn’t read through the whole thing but I didn’t see anything about mandatory handling. There’s prob90 some other charge (pax screening?), but if you want to get to Vienna center, then that’s a steal.

For a TB20…
210 eur approach and landing
15 eur parking/day
25 eur transport to/from GAT per way
45 eur passenger fee
No handling

All in all…
Approx 300 for crew only weekend
Approx 400 for 2 pilot/2pax weekend

Quoted, not done.
Stockerau is good for me ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 10 Jul 16:26