Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best GA Aerodrome for Vienna

Stockerau, paid yesterday for a T182T (1406kg)

Landing EUR20
Parking SUN-WED EUR30
Fuel EUR2.35/ltr
Uber 25EUR

Meeting friendly aviation minded people: priceless.

EDLN and EDKB

172driver wrote:

LOWW apparently charges EUR 118 plus change for MTOW < 4t. Details in the sidebar under “Charges Regulations” here.

According to the document provided by 172driver, and cross-checked with other sources:

• Landing 118 €
  • Landing surcharge for peak hours (most of the day) – 30%: 35 €
  • Passenger charge per departing pax 17 €
  • Security charge per departing pax 8,40 €
  • Parking charge per day 33 € or 43 € if landing surcharge applies (28% of landing fee)

So we are looking at around 220 € for landing and 24 hrs parking with one passenger. Alledgedly there is also a charge for transportation to/from the aircraft. in the order of 100 €, and then there is a “navigation” fee in the order of 30 €. All in 350 €.

In comparison I paid 130 € for landing, 4 days parking with 1 pax at LZIB. Taxi to Bratislava <20 €, train round-trip to Vienna 14 €. And you avoid the hassle with getting a slot (at LOWW) and the constraints that go with it.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 12 Jul 18:56
LFPT, LFPN

I remember that the GA centre at LOWW is modern and efficient. I landed there once on my way to Romania and remember that there was a storm forecasted for that night. They offered to park the aircraft inside in the hangar for me for the night. Did not charge extra for it. As we only needed a place to stay for the night, we booked the night at the NH hotel right next door and opposite the main entrance to the LOWW airport. OK. Might not be the cheapest option, but can’t remember paying more than about 200 euro. Definitely not in the 300+ range.

EDLE, Netherlands

LOWW is definitely now in €300+ range for below 2 ton aircraft.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Dusting off some older threads today 😀

I am just curious if LOAN, LOAU Stockerau or LOAV Vöslau are still the options for visiting Vienna? Any updated advice if any one of them today is preferred, or if any one that should be avoided.

Ping @Fabian

Thanks in advance!

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 07 Sep 18:44

I’m only familiar with LOAN and LOAV recently. Both are fine. LOAN to Vienna is ok by train. LOAV by car.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@martin-esmi I’m mostly familiar with LOAV.

Normal operating hours 0900 – 2030 local time, 7 days, as of Today, and during almost all the COVID time right now.
Online form required for flight into Austria due to COVID and additional form to be emailed directly to LOAV (see applicable NOTAMs)

There is now also some car sharing/rental cars available at the airfield:
https://www.app2drive.com/

Otherwise still best to go by cab to the train station “Bad Vöslau” and from there to Vienna or take a cab directly to Vienna.

As pointed out by @Snoopy LOAN might be easier for going by train, but a bit further from Vienna overall.

Fly for your dreams
LOAV

Thank you both @Fabian and @Snoopy !

Regarding COVID, according to what I have read, coming from Sweden fully vaccinated means free entry. I haven’t looked into the details yet, would you be able to share the requirements if you are familiar with them? I looked in the FIR NOTAM and here: https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en/themen/coronavirus_in_oesterreich/pre-travel-clearance.html

No PTC (pre travel clearance) required.
I’d recommend to email or call LOAN/LOAV if there are any peculiarities. Both reply within minutes.
When is your flight? Right now there is a bit of nuisance in the form of a restricted area due to a political summit.

always learning
LO__, Austria

From my understanding no understanding no PTC required but the following two forms are required:

According to the active NOTAM, which you’ve probably seen.

A1790/21 NOTAMR A1406/21
Q) LOVV/QFAAP/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4758N01616E005
A) LOAV B) 2107010816 C) 2109291000 EST
E) COVID-19
THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA, FEDERAL MINISTRY FOR HEALTH HAS ENACTED
FOLLOWING REGULATION CONCERNING THE ENTRY INTO AUSTRIA BY AIR IN
RESPECT OF SARS-COV-2 / COVID-19:

1) IF ARRIVING TO AUSTRIA, PAX AND CREW HAVE TO FILE AN ELECTRONIC
FORM BEFORE ARRIVAL AT
HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/ATPTCEN
ENGLISH: HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/PTCFORMAT

2) IF ARRIVING TO LOAV, PAX AND CREW HAVE TO FILE AN FORM BEFORE
ARRIVAL AT
HTTPS://WWW.LOAV.AT
AND SEND THIS FORM TO: TOWER.LOAV(AT)VIENNAAIRPORT.COM
BEFORE ARRIVAL

both are required.

From my understanding Sweden is an Annex 1 (which I guess is Annex A in the form, what a mess … ) country as of Today.
So in that form it would be that exemption, but the registration is still rqrd.

The website loav.at also reiterates the second part of the NOTAM:

Einreisebestimmungen:
Im Moment besteht noch die Notwendigkeit , für jeden grenzüberschreitenden EINFLUG nach Österreich das Formular Zoll/Passkontrolle /jart/prj3/loav_2018/uploads/data-uploads/Zollanmeldung_Passkontrolle_NEU2021.pdf ausgefüllt an [email protected] vor dem Einflug zu übersenden.

rough translation:
Currently it’s still required for every cross border flight into Austria to submit the form /jart/prj3/loav_2018/uploads/data-uploads/Zollanmeldung_Passkontrolle_NEU2021.pdf for customs/passport checks by email to [email protected] before entry into Austrian airspace.

and I’ve recently heard people being reminded of this on the radio too.

Would also be best to confirm when arriving either via radio or phone whether the police actually showed up for the check or if you’re free to go.

Fly for your dreams
LOAV
Sign in to add your message