Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Slovenia /Croatia

I did something similar for Greece - here; search for "Cosmote".

But the Croatian solution plumbs the depths of anorak-ness

You can pick up an unlocked E585 on Ebay for about £30. It can stay plugged into a mains charger 24/7 so you can just forget about it. There are other 3G-WIFI solutions of course but that is what I use, and it can be taken with you to a car if you need wifi for satnav, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It's also good to see LDLO busy... with all the rumours of closure of these lovely island airports.

I was there last weekend and the apron was fully packed with aicrafts - it helped that I'm local in getting parking spot.

[edited for text formatting]

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

to Emir: squawk ident ;-) sunday, approx 13:50 local

LKKU, LKTB

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They built that hangar impressively fast. Here it is a couple of months ago.

Was this a fly-in of some sort?

Administrator

I dare to say that every summer weekend there is fly-in there, beach fly-in;-) maybe we should be trying to find some other place with customs...or to wait for Croatia to join Schengen..(which will not help you UK based folks)

LKKU, LKTB

Was this a fly-in of some sort?

No, it was just ordinary summer weekend

FYI Although tower working hours on weekdays are limited to 14:00 UTC (4 p.m. LT) you can land and take-off VFR until 8 p.m. LT using visual separation. Above 3000' you're on Zadar radar (118.6) which on arrival terminates service when you descend below 3000' and when departing you have to contact them when leaving LDLO CTR. On Saturdays and Sundays full tower support is ensured by 18:00 UTC.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I've been to Losinj a number of times, as a stopover to Greece usually, and never saw it too busy.

But maybe it's a good idea to arrive on a weekday - something I prefer to do anyway because then one has the whole weekend over there. Whenever I go to any fly-in I try to get there the day before "the masses" and also arrive as early as possible.

Justine and I will be there early September, for maybe a week, exploring the islands.

Administrator

Justine and I will be there early September, for maybe a week, exploring the islands.

I'll drop by at least for lunch and some beach-time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We are off Friday to Brac (via Albenga). Can't wait for our first trip to Croatia.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message