Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in - Mazurian Lakeland (Poland) 8-11 June 2017

… nice idea and interesting planning as it looks to me…
Nice area, was a few times in EPOD and EPKE.
..And now with EPSY also an IFR option which is close
Yes, interested in :)

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

About 2h45 from ESMK, that could be an interesting trip if weather and date allow.
Will there be fuel?

Last Edited by Arne at 15 Nov 09:59
ESMK, Sweden

Some 8 hours from LIRU, period booked.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Arne, fuel is available in EPSY, EPKE and in couple more places around. However, if we will be closer to the event, and there will be an interest, we will attange for a fuel track which will be available at EPKI. Best, T

EPBC

How far is EPSY using bus/train from the proposed meet-up location?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

30-40 minutes (but if the weather is good I was landing there with sr22, tb21 and even seneca)

Last Edited by Thomas73 at 15 Nov 13:34
EPBC

Assuming some of us will need “immigration” like our friends from UK , for this purpose also Gdansk airport EPGD is an option , it offers also a visit to the beautiful old town of Gdansk. If EPSY offers customs all days would need to be checked prior the event , I think.

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

Absolutely, EPGD if most GA friendly controlled airport in PL

EPBC

There are currently flights by Wizzair to and from Luton. Ryanair was also supposed to start serving Stansted. So yes, immigration is possible. PN might apply, but usually this is not the case in Poland.

The airport has been closed for ten years and reopened January this year. I landed there in the late nineties, when it was still just called as Szczytno-Szymany. Now, they market it Olzstyn-Mazury.

Some interesting history here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Nov 08:13
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Kikity on the other hand is 850 meters grass, no obstacles. From my visit in 2012, I remember it being good, but not a billiard table, as we say.

They have some nice modern accomodation next to the runway, which is always nice after a long day of flying.

There is not a lot there, but that’s exactly what this place is all about. A really nice nature experience. Enjoyed the barbecue next to the runway during a long summer evening. The flying (VFR, low level) is beautiful in that area.
If able (and brave enough) visit Mragowo airstrip, which is also close by.
Olzstyn is a beautiful city to vist.
Wolfschanze is a great day visit, though it may be of interest mostly to German people (btw, I have recently read that the operator of the site has gone insolvent, but I guess the site will still be open for visitors next summer).

Some impressions here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message