Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

It’s time to start thinking about dates and a destination…

Avoiding school half-term, which seems to be late in May, we are looking at the weekends of 6, 13, 20 May.

Any views?

EDIT: Telegram group joining link: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEBm6phCee5iBoKLJA

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We already have the polish lakes suggestion.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Indeed – why not run both. However, the Polish lakes are a long way to the NE of Europe, and the airfield is non-customs/immigration and VFR-only and grass. For the main fly-ins we do, two a year, we need these things otherwise the turnout will be small.

Administrator

My vote goes to EKRK.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

My vote goes to EKRK.

Mine, too. If it is EKRK, I’m likely to show up.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

EKRK is an airport. If we do a fly-in to an airport, almost nobody will show up There has to be quite a lot there for people to do – whole families I mean.

Anyway, I plotted it – 530nm for this leg. How many would do EKRK?

Administrator

How about Dresden? Nice airport, nice town…

EDLE

Peter wrote:

EKRK is an airport. If we do a fly-in to an airport, almost nobody will show up

o.k. the airport itself is boring.
Please do not forget scenic Copenhagen, it is by train from Roskilde only 21 minutes away. I like it very much and would show up, distance is only 170 nm.

Berlin, Germany

Personally, I wouldn’t do (as a pre-planned flyout) Copenhagen in early or mid May, but rather reserve such “northerly” destinations for high summer (between end of June and end of August). Sure, there will be no guarantees for nice warmish weather in July either, but the chances are sonewhat better.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

I wouldn’t do (as a pre-planned flyout) Copenhagen in early or mid May, but rather reserve such “northerly” destinations for high summer (between end of June and end of August).

It is a lot more likely to get good weather during high summer. But one could also get lucky.

Corsica, Sardinia, Portugal, Southern Spain are safer alternatives weather-wise. Avignon and Bézier too if we can avoid bitching and moaning about unfriendly airports and locals.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 09 Nov 21:09
LFPT, LFPN
205 Posts
Sign in to add your message