Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

Funfact: Roskilde was the capital in Denmark until 1443 and all (almost) of the old kings are burred in the cathedral.

EGTR

Nobody took any picture of Roskilde which is beautiful small town. So let’s correct it.

City Hall

Cathedral

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A little video from Copenhagen

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Are there any of the participants that would try to arrange a fly-in to their home base?

Gloucester is a great GA-friendly airfield!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Some random photos from Roskilde/Copenhagen:

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

About 30 people in total – one of the best ever

Must be due to the destination

It was great to see so many in Copenhagen, thank you all for making the effort to fly out. Roskilde Airport were went out of their way to make it possible and when the apron was filling up that promptly closed one of the taxiways to make room for extra parking. and I think most people got a follow-me car to help you find it. The Flying club was very helpful in ferrying people to the local station. I’ll send them a thank-you note. I hope you enjoyed the town and had a safe flight back.

Are there any of the participants that would try to arrange a fly-in to their home base?
There are a lot of Brits on the forum and I personally think it would be great to go to somewhere like Shoreham, Bournemouth, Kemble, Gloucestershire, Cambridge, just to name a few ideas.

EGTR

About 30 people in total – one of the best ever

Many thanks to Michael_J for organising the restaurant and to all those who turned up. The restaurant lost track of how to do the bill because so many people moved around from one table to another

Administrator

A few more pics:

10 of us had a great dinner last night.

Looks like 12 more arriving today, plus any who are not on the telegram group.

A very large % of cancellations due to INOP aircraft – seems about 1/3 of total.

Administrator

Let me post twi different images here:

LKHK, Czech Republic

There was nothing personal against any person in particular but as the old Czech saying says: “Potrefená husa nejvíc kejhá” = The person concerned/guilty will disclose herself/himself by raising some comments, objections, confirmations, etc. :-). In fact I do envy you as my AC is airworthy so it means that if I do not come the reason is that I am a chicken. Which is absolutely true. I am looking at weather forecast right now, studying satellite and radar images plus sigwx charts and I must say that I do not like it. Not ideal weather forecast for IFR flying in non de-iced, non pressurized single piston without oxygen. Will see how it looks in the morning…

LKHK, Czech Republic
205 Posts
Sign in to add your message