Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

boscomantico wrote:

Personally, I wouldn’t do (as a pre-planned flyout) Copenhagen in early or mid May, but rather reserve such “northerly” destinations for high summer (between end of June and end of August). Sure, there will be no guarantees for nice warmish weather in July either, but the chances are sonewhat better.

You are too pessimistic!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

europaxs wrote:

How about Dresden? Nice airport, nice town…

Good idea. Starting from friday early afternoon to sunday they have reduced fees. Avgas is available, customs too. The City of Dresden is worth a visit. So why not choosing EDDC. I have been there last week.

I could also recommend Pecs in Hungary, LHPP. On our last visit they told us that they would be very happy about hosting a Fly-In. Avgas is also available, the town is worth a visit too.

EDDS , Germany

I would Join EKRK probably. EPKI sounds nice, but I’d need a bit more time in the area to test all the lakes with a lake…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I remember that in May this year the weather in majority of Europe wasn’t so good while Southern Europe enjoyed quite long period of sunny and stable weather. So IMHO fly-in in spring should be planned somewhere south while summer is ok anywhere. May 1st 2017 is Monday so for descent countries which still celebrate this important day, it means extended weekend – perfect opportunity for fly-in

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Id vote for Dresden. There are a lot of people who wont fly more than 1 hr away from home and only if it is good VFR. The chances of getting a good crowd is better at more local destinations. Besides Ive never been to Dresden and that is an important factor.

KHTO, LHTL

I won’t do Dresden myself because it is 5hrs each way and I have just 1 night, and I did it last year

But feel free to do a fly-in there. If there is any “traction” here I can add it to the meet-ups page.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We are preparing detailed schedule for Polish fly-in, but for your information, for those he will need it, there is customs/immigration and instrument app at our alt AD (EPSY) which is 5 min flying from the location and we will provide for both air and/or wheel transport for everyone who need it. Best

EPBC

Disregard my post above re Dresden – I got it mixed up with the Colmar proposal for 19-20 Nov 2016

IMHO we need to establish how much interest there is in

• Thomas73’s proposal for NE Poland
  • somewhere “probably warmer” in the south

Of course we could run with both together but I know for sure that will produce a low turnout because most people don’t have enough time.

Can people please indicate here how many would be interested?

Historically, the best attended EuroGA fly-ins have been the ones which went to

• warm and scenic places
  • plenty to do for whole family
  • IFR and tarmac and customs/immigration
  • reachable in one leg (which means different things to different people, and itself controls who will come)

With a destination in NE Poland, almost nobody from the UK, or west of the France/Germany border, will come, simply due to the distance

It’s a difficult one. On the one hand, as I keep saying, anybody can organise a meet-up anywhere they want, but in reality almost nobody does Privately, lots of people tell me they are waiting for me to push it.

I am inclined to set a date for a “warm” destination in the middle of May.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My preference would be a warm and sunny destination. That would typically mean Sothern Europe, eg, South of France, Spain, Croatia, Greece etc. The other ‘pain’ for me is that my Jepp subscription (Plates and G1000 NAV data) only covers ‘Central Europe’

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I’m aware that from UK its a long way. Anyway I’m looking more on June when the weather is most pleasent and stable.

EPBC
Sign in to add your message