Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Siena / Sienna LIQS any recent experiences ?

I got my quote just a few days ago. Yes, for very long stays, the advantage of the low parking fees will overcome the high handling fees.

You are correct that they (Sky Service people) are very confused. I can only recommend everybody interested in going there to get a quote and then, if not happy with it, try to negotiate with them. (Do being along copy of that non-standard offer, though).

There are very few pireps from Italian pilots on Siena this year, because of a) lockdown and b) either way, Italian leisure pilots don‘t go there anymore since 2016 (when Sky Services took over). They have burnt their reputation and as we know, even if they reduced their fees noticeably, it would take years to gain back some traffic. But then again, even if the total fees for a day-trip went down to say 90€, hardly any Italian private pilot would come.

The only business they have nowadays is high value, high end GA travellers from abroad. Those who accept 200€ fees in the context of a classy holiday in Tuscany. In fact, that is the only kind if customers they seem interested in. Can‘t really fault them.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Does anyone have some facts about how well (or not) frequented they are ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

I can confirm the “Covid19 Prevention System Fee” of 75€ – that’s part of ‘my’ offer as well.

They’re not the only ones using Corona as an excuse to rip off customers. I bought a box of 50 disposable masks at a local supermarket in 2010 for $4.90 (equivalent). Today a box of the same 50 masks at $20 is considered a dumping price :-(

LSZK, Switzerland

I have just got this reply from the airport, for TB20 1400kg MTOW:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is nothing but the old pre-2020 pricing. It makes both short and longer stops very expensive.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So, going there on Friday… anyone know of a way to get a rental car to that location ?
I called Avis, no answer, Sixt, no answer, Europcar, no answer, Hertz, no answer to wait they’re gone…
Any ideas anyone ?

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 02 Sep 13:57
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I was there two weeks ago, and Hertz brought the car to the airport for an €80 fee. Makes more sense to take a cab. Siena is very pedestrian friendly, you really do not need a car if you’re going to stay in the city.

hertzsiena at gmail.com

I got the 50€/day pricing but no COVID overcharge.

Last Edited by denopa at 03 Sep 08:04
EGTF, LFTF

EuroFlyer wrote:

So, going there on Friday… anyone know of a way to get a rental car to that location ?
I called Avis, no answer, Sixt, no answer, Europcar, no answer, Hertz, no answer to wait they’re gone…
Any ideas anyone ?

Interesting, I’m going there on Friday as well :-)

The team at the airport was very helpful via e-mail ([email protected]) … They’ll also give you a quote about the fees, it’s for 220€ including parking for the weekend for <2t. They also gave me the local numbers of the car rental companies:

Europcar
+39 0577288938 [email protected]

Hertz
+39 057745085 [email protected]

AVIS
+39 0577270305 [email protected]

I rented with AVIS via their website and afterways sent them an e-mail if they could deliver the car to the airport – and they can. Notice that all rental car stations I checked are closed on sundays for a return.

Germany

Cool – when will you be coming and what plane ?
I’ll have my own car delivered to the airport now, no need for rentals…
I couldn’t reach anyone so I finally decided, what the hell.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

Cool – when will you be coming and what plane ?

Around noon, SR22. You?

Germany
Sign in to add your message