Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Italy - AVGAS

I would also recommend Foggia LIBF …. more at the latitude of Naples than Perugia which is further north and east of Rome.

If you don’t need IFR, then Fano is also nice. It is grass but 1300m and very good condition. We saw a Meridian operating there. Heavy use for parachuting with lots of Avgas and friendly with only about €10 fees. Terni is also good but also VFR only. 863m ASP. No pb with Avgas and I don’t believe they had any fees either, but not sure. BTW, Elba only has a visual approach and the fuel price is exorbitant.

As mentioned by Peter, the difference between Italy and the eastern Adriatic coast is that in Italy one always needs to inquire about fuel availability in advance just to be sure, regardless of past experience. In the Balkans, it just works.

LSZK, Switzerland

An update.
Due to a change in scheduling we stopped in Brindisi for AVGAS. It looks like they have recently installed a new facility next to Stand 14 at the far Eastern end of the apron. For private flights, they charged EURO 2.56 per litre including tax. Iraklion, earlier that day was EURO 2.53.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 19 Mar 06:45
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

That’s is really good. Brindisi has not had avgas for all the time I have been flying, and is useful for flying on to Greece. Pilots normally stopped in Corfu for both avgas and the Port of Entry.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is the Italian 100LL situation improving?

I have just read that Perugia LIRZ, Foggia LIBF and Brindisi LIBR all have avgas now. These are all in the bottom half of Italy which was generally a problem. I recall planning flights there many years ago and there was no avgas there at all.

What is the situation in Sardinia? It’s a good place for a fly-in.

Administrator

Fano

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Fano LIDF is in the northern part of Italy.

Is there any reliable avgas in Sardinia?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is there any reliable avgas in Sardinia?

Cagliari LIEE used to have it (Aeroservice S.r.l.) and current situation can be checked by phone or e-mail. According to ForeFlight the price was 4.15€ a week ago.

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Jun 13:29
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Fano LIDF is in the northern part of Italy.

Fenosu LIER is on Sardinia

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

have just read that Perugia LIRZ, ……….. These are all in the bottom half of Italy

Next time you are in Perugia area don’t tell people they are in the bottom half or south side of Italy . They will pissed of :-))

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Interesting that Italy is as “interesting” as ever when it comes to real 100LL availability

Administrator
Sign in to add your message