Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz (LJPZ) - just amazing!

I think there aren’t many (if any) “upmarket” restaurants on the Slovenian Riviera.

Yes that was also my impression. Probably only in the big hotels at Portoroz… We once stayed in that Palace hotel shown above. Sometimes they seem to have great last minute deals on booking.com

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Boscomantico, thanks, great report. Will try this weekend.

LPFR, Poland

Thanks for this nice report and the fantastic pictures, bosco.

Still, it’s one of the best (quite possibly THE best) GA airport in Europe.

Still, IMHO for No. 1 in this ranking it has to provide MOGAS Seriously – I’ll visit Portoroz one day anyway. Didn’t come across a negative voting so far.

EDLE

Great trip report, thanks for taking the time to share it. I’ve done very little flying in the last couple of years due to AOG and was beginning to lose interest but your post has reminded me of why I should persist.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks for the great write-up, tips and details!

Slovakia

Went last week. Everything as advertised. Shot of Jet-A1 was very nice.

Just one note, if you fly IFR, prepare to execute all procedures. I got to fly STAR + VOR APCH + visual circling for RWY 33. Also SID on departure. There’s no radar, so no vectoring.

LPFR, Poland

speaking of Piran – if you are not up to high scale eating – and like čevabdžici just don´t get “plate” when you are only 2 ;-)

Last Edited by Michal at 27 Mar 20:40
LKKU, LKTB

What are approximately the handling expenses and AVGAS price?

Regards

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Thanks for digging out an old report of mine…

No hanndling fee as such for private aircraft below 3 tons. All infos are found here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I paid around 50€ in July for a DA40, including airport shuttle to town and back.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message