Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

9-10 September 2017 fly-in - Astypalea LGPL Greece

Got this from the handler

- -

Obviously this “proposition” is being worked on…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

All been sorted by our Greek friend The quantity is not a problem and handling is not mandatory.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

How many are interested?

I also hereby declare interest.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Great! Thanks for sorting this out. It would be shame to cancel this trip. Although I don’t have the best experience with some Greek airports, I’m still keen to fly to this beautiful country.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have paid for two weeks of a beach apartment (for relations as well) near Sitia on Crete Aug 26-Sept 10, so participation is looking quite likely (90%+) for us. My wife and I will probably arrive in Astypalea Friday and leave Sunday am. We’ll leave the plane in Sitiia and take a commercial flight out of Heraklion Sunday afternoon Sept 10. Maybe we’ll leave the plane there instead of Sitia.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 19 Jul 14:41
Tököl LHTL

Justine and I have a hotel booked.

(no, not the one on top of the hill )

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Justine and I have a hotel booked.

At which hotel did you book ?

Last Edited by petakas at 10 Aug 07:06
LGMG Megara, Greece
Administrator

It looks like most people will fly to LGPL via Athens LGAV.

Unlike most of Greece’s port of entry airports, LGAV has not been taken over by the German Fraport outfit so is the least expensive option. It is also pretty quick for a fuel and customs stop.

I am likely to stop on Brac LDSB on the way down and Losinj LDLO on the way back, staying 1 night on each. These are very efficient airports, and very nice locations.

AFAIK the only other Greek port of entry which is not yet shafted and has avgas is Sitia LGST but that is on Crete so is in the wrong direction and the extra fuel burnt probably makes it not worth while – unless you want to stop there (it is a lovely part of Crete).

If you are coming along, please join the Telegram messaging group – the joining link is in the original post in this thread.

This fly-in is looking like the most complicated we will ever do! It is certainly the furthest for most Europeans that come to fly-ins, but the trip is technically straightforward and it will finally enable Greek pilots to meet us. And I can think of other fly-ins we have done which seemed impossible in terms of ground (airport) organisation and which would not have happened had it not been for the assistance of some locals.

Currently we are looking at around 10 aircraft.

I am likely to depart EGKA around 5th September. If anyone would like to come along but needs someone with a spare seat, please post it here.

Administrator

I can’t get off work from the 5th to the 8th.
How and when do you plan to fly back to the UK ? I could join the group by airline.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message