Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

9-10 September 2017 fly-in - Astypalea LGPL Greece

It’s actually been a brilliant meet-up. All happy faces at the dinner

You always get people dropping out for various reasons. As I posted above, some dropped out for AOG reasons and others due to the hassle. If you want a big turnout you have to do something like the closely-managed Cirrus fly-in to Kalamata – one past thread – where you take a load of money from lots of people and use it to lubricate a load of airport facilities, book a bus and book a hotel discount. With the investment (say €400-500 for two people) anyone unsure will buy Easyjet tickets as a backup, so the block hotel booking works quite well. I just don’t think EuroGA contributors (those who are actually likely to fly to say Greece in the first place) need that level of assistance (there is booking.com etc) and anyway I spend enough time running the site already

I recall one little meetup in 2014 where out of 5, 1 turned up (plus me) and another where out of 3, 0 turned up (plus me). People cancel last-minute for all kinds of reasons.

I think we did very well and it’s been great to see the Greeks

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

14 people as of today

Administrator

Short video of flight from Samos to Astypalia

Administrator

Some random pictures from the Fly In:

LGMG Megara, Greece

Thanks for posting these, Kyp. I was taking pics of you while you were taking those, but they didn’t come out

Today’s wx looks good all the way to just short of Pula so I am starting on the trip back today. As suspected, Tuesday’s front has now moved in to Monday, along the Adriatic, so leaving Greece today and flying as far as one can get up the Adriatic was the right decision.

Getting back home will be fun

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Getting back home will be fun

The easiest upgrade

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am on Brac now. 40 mins at 2000ft from Dubrovnik this morning. Brac is right before the TS area starts.

There are much worse places to hang out

Administrator

The TS has arrived here

Whether one can get out tomorrow will be interesting. This is right now:

and the stuff is moving NE.

Administrator

Yeap, Greece is all hot & humid today with the less frequent southern winds.
The stuff rises over the Balkans, cools and becomes rain over you !

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message