Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Le Touquet LFAT Tuesday 11th April 2017

I am going tomorrow… anyone interested in meeting up? ETA 1000 UTC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’d have loved too given a bit more notice!

Flew into Paris wit Noe last weekend and now have a thirst for a lot more of France!

EGSX North Weald, United Kingdom

Stapleford Flyout to Le Touquet LFAT tomorrow. Wish I was going! Hope everyone has a great day.

Stapleford, United Kingdom

I’m going tonight to have diner

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Administrator

Despite the great wx, it wasn’t too busy, being a weekday

There was a sizeable group from Stapleford, presumably from a school since a few instructors were apparently present.

Hake fish – delicious

They built a number of what looks like cafes on the beach – didn’t check any closely though or whether anything is edible, or just drinks

FL070 on the way back

A great trip for us as always. I really don’t understand why so many UK pilots do the bacon butty or engine-oil-dripping £2 all day breakfast run to the greasy airport cafes in the UK… The only extra work is the flight plan and the GAR form, and in theory the email (copy of the GAR) to LFAT Customs.

Landing fee €30.

The new engine is running great. Oil consumption has dropped from 1 quart in 2hrs to 1qt in 3hrs to 1qt in 5hrs, over the three 2hr flights, and it is doing 2kt more than the previous one at the usual low level power settings.

Administrator

Hi Peter

Don’t have picture but landed in Le Touquet around 8pm.
Took a taxi into Town it was quite cold when we arrive.
We had diner at “l’éphémère” witch is quite good i’ve been there a few times and never get desapointed.

See you next time
Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Peter wrote:

Landing fee €30.

You must not be nice to them ;) I paid 20 Euros with a DA42 yesterday.

Such a practice has been alleged before but when I phoned them they denied it.

Perhaps somebody should phone them in French and ask what they charge for a 1400kg TB20?

Administrator

I called in french and they said 30 Euros (also for DA42). I just probably got a 10 euro discount for my pretty eyes.

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message