Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Saturday (tomorrow 7th March) may be another gap in the wx.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It wasn’t but hoping to do Guernsey tomorrow.

Administrator

Well, didn’t because the other one dropped out Did a nice local bimble instead.

Next week, France is expected to close to visitors due to the virus and much of Europe is already closed. LFAT is closed this weekend except IFR because Mr Macron is there. I can’t do Monday or Tuesday but Wednesday might be ok if France is still open.

Hope for good wx because sitting outdoors is advisable in the current virus climate.

Administrator

LFAT is not closed, there is a smallish restricted area of Macron’s house.

LFOU, France

Popped over to Alderney EGJA for the day, before the world shuts down. They have already closed the harbour and the airport is expected to close to incoming people this week. Rumour is that anyone returning will have to stay at home for 2 weeks, though there is zero chance of enforcing that on Alderney.

Administrator

2 months after the above post… trip report on that is here BTW.

Anyone up for Mali Losinj LDLO early next week? Before that is a lot of wx enroute.

With social distancing of course

No need to camp; booking.com is full of places.

Best to not bring them any virus though. They have ~ zero cases. Justine and myself have been isolating for 2 months.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Anyone up for Mali Losinj LDLO early next week?

I would be … but I would have to sleep in the plane, or camp, just do not fancy a hotel

There are no hotels as such. Well, there are some for low end tourism but I’ve never been there. Mostly one stays in little places where you don’t mix. Also there are AFAIK no infections there.

There are campsites and I could do that, or camp off a campsite, but a proper bed is better

Administrator

I was happy to fly to Mali Losinj because where we live there is negligible virus level now, and same on Losinj.

A few pics, familiar to regulars

Administrator

What a great ad for the capabilities of the TB20, @Peter great flight!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message