Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

A Telegram Group has been created. If you subscribe to it (and ensure notifications are enabled) you won’t miss out

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Isle of Wight was very nice.

My plane next to a rather superior machine

Cowes harbour

Interesting property…

The view must be good

Departure

Airborne time from Shoreham ~ 18 mins One cannot do such a flight repeatedly because the water would never boil out of the oil.

Administrator

Nice photos-I think your TB20 might have longer legs than that Silver Eagle P210. You need more than FL240 to avoid being vectored around TMAs in Europe, FL180 is quite busy (or used to be) with ATRs and SIDs/STARs, and unless you can get to FL180 the Silver Eagle is probably quite short legged.

4,000 lbs MAUM on grass on little retractable tyres is quite brave.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

FL200+ does however get you shortcuts over the French military areas, as well as Paris airspace. Normally these are incredibly tightly guarded below FL200.

The Bembridge runway and taxiway are concrete but the parking is grass. The grass is actually pretty good. I am advised by a sometime TB pilot that the grass at Sandown is much worse, despite their recently reinforced runway which should be ok. I’ve never been to Sandown; there is no point.

Administrator

as well as Paris airspace

During busy times it wasn’t my experience – I recently was annoyed the Super Cub had to orbit at Audley End to make way (!) for an EZY and a Ryanair landing at Stansted!

Being able to be treated as a VIP in a puddle jumper at Luton and Stansted is now a memory.
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Anyone interested in an expedition to Le Touquet LFAT on Saturday 1st August 2020?

Brits have to file the GAR and two other forms – here.

Outdoor eating only, I would suggest, which means getting food before the locals

The airport is FR-only 1130-1300 UTC

Mask wearing mandatory in city centre.

Remember there is now a telegram group for adhoc meetups, to save posting everything in two places, and for group coordination while there.

Administrator

I will be landing LFAT about 1015 UTC (1215 local) tomorrow with my girlfriend. Should be a nice day trip.

Hopefully the UK does not go back into lockdown or strike France from the list of airbridge countries while we are away.

EGLM & EGTN

Me too…

Administrator

Graham wrote:

Hopefully the UK does not go back into lockdown or strike France from the list of airbridge countries while we are away.

They did give about 6h notice for Spain, I am sure you can make it back quicker
I imagine receive that text message in the middle of lunch in rue St Jean

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We’ve just had the new UK restrictions announcement. No swinging and no orgies (well not N of the Thames, which makes it a true social disaster) – except within your own family.

So we should be fine for tomorrow. The rulemaking energy of the House of Commons has been exhausted for a bit.

That Gendec is a laugh; when completed for a private flight there is no practical way for anybody to track down anybody who was on the plane.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message