Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Does anyone fancy a trip to Colmar over the next few weeks? The Christmas market starts this weekend. Myself, @peter and @aviathor went last year. It was super trip, lovely scenic place and a great event to visit. Good trip to take WAG’s on.

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 20 Nov 20:16
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Are there other towns with xmas markets? The actual markets just sell a load of chinese junk And the bit of Colmar which is all lit up, you could walk around in an hour.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Barrrrr humbug.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Is Strasbourg any good?

Administrator
Are there other towns with xmas markets?

Nuremberg´s “Christkindlesmarkt” is world-famous, the city is pretty nice and EDDN is a very GA-friendly airport with all facilities and convenient public transportation to the city center.
http://www.christkindlesmarkt.de/en/

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Peter wrote:

Is Strasbourg any good?
It has a very good reputation in France yes.

ESMK, Sweden

Strasbourg Xmas market is like the one of Colmar but bigger. It takes more time to see every part. The city is often very very crowded (restaurants hotels..).

The airport (Entzheim) is sadly asking for a “mandatory handling” wich offers a minimalist service (parking stand, sometimes a marshaller).
I live and work in Strasbourg (as ATC) so I would be glad to help, if I can and if you foresee a fly-in.

I did Strasbourg LFST exactly one year ago and wrote a little “how-to guide” here.

The “mandatory handling” is a non-issue, cost-wise. It’s 38€ (flat) to land and park one day.

BTW, PPL/IR seem to have a flyout to Strasbourg LFST the weekend after the next one.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The immediate weekend is no good for wx anyway.

The PPL/IR meetups were always very organised, with tours of breweries etc.

Administrator

Heading to LFAT soon in N508RA

Sign in to add your message