Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

A possible meet-up Laval LFOV on Wednesday 13th Feb 2019, returning Thursday morning.

The airport is 24hr PNR for “foreigners”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks like 3 aircraft going. The AIP shows only FAX contact for the 24hr PNR for (a) Police and (b) English speaking ATC so I have emailed them because I really don’t believe they have a working fax machine

I found they respond to emails only if you email in French.

Administrator

LFOV came up before here. @Bordeaux_Jim posted the info. What I found out today is that the way you comply with the 24hr PN for “English speaking tower” is with an email to the email address in the AIP

It apparently goes to the one guy who also does the tower. Today, it took almost 10 emails (all google translated to/from French – no response otherwise) to establish, more or less, that the email to him does the PN as well. What I don’t get is how the same guy can be FR-only without the 24hr PN and then change to non-FR if you send him the email (which itself has to be in French). Perhaps a French speaker could make a quick call and check this?

He also offers to pass an emailed “GENDEC” (a copy of the UK GAR form contains the required info, AFAICT) to the police. I will verify this tomorrow.

Administrator
Administrator

Once again we are at LFRQ (Quimper) for the weekend. If someone comes around let as know.

EDDS , Germany

Possible LFAT Friday 8th March?

Administrator

Anyone flying this week? The wx looks good.

Administrator

TEFAF could be a possibility on Sunday

Last Edited by lionel at 19 Mar 11:32
ELLX

Guernsey is planned tomorrow, 22nd.

Administrator

Another great meetup

Administrator
Sign in to add your message