Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Quimper LFRQ is too far for a day trip for me, but doable otherwise; 24hr PNR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can only fly direct from UK may-sep. Immigration otherwise closed by notam

@Noe,
I filed to Quimper tomorrow. Will arrive around 14 Loc. Staying at Hotel Mercure. Will visit a friend at Pointe du Raz Saturday. No more affordable rental cars available, will go by bus for 4 €. May be we can meet Friday afternoon or evening ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Looks like the plane I’m going in might be delayed, so not sure what time I’ll get there.

I’m going to Benodet, not sure if my sister is picking me up (the young kids love the plane) if I’ll ill ride my Road bike (which I’m taking with me). I’ll PM when I have an ETA

Will be at L2K LFAT today for a short lunch break before going to Dublin from there. So if anybody is around, it would be a pleasure to meet.

EDDS , Germany

Planning a bimble tomorrow first to visit some friends competing in the gliding nationals at ESGR. Then on to this http://www.jfk.nu/visingso-fly-in-3-4-augusti/
Any forumites fancy a meetup over a +100 Euro burger please let me know..

ESG..., Sweden

So I made it to Quimper.
Took off from Brustem EBST at 11:45 Loc and landed at LFRQ 15/00 Loc.
Flew at FL100 on Z IFR plan, over a broken layer with a 10 to 15 kt head wind.
Tracking
I did the 28 ILS.

The BP Self Fuel didn’t work. I called the tower for help and was informed that fuel man would be there at 16 Loc. But, hopefully, a fireman who was monitoring tower frequency helped me to fill up. I parked on grass apron and called fo taxi. I paid 22€ to Mercure Hotel.
Noe PMed me that he was delayed due to weather.

Quimper is a very nice town, worth visiting.My best recent discovery.

Saturday I took the bus to Plogoff to meet a friend who has a holiday house there and I spent the day at the Pointe du Raz.

Came back Sunday IFR (ceiling 400 Ft but good visibility).

Tracking

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Just arrived at Dundee EGPN, in case someone would like to show up. Will stay here until friday.

EDDS , Germany

Jean wrote:

So I made it to Quimper.

I’ll be in the area from tomorrow until end of next week, without aircraft though (coming by CAT). But if anyone is in the area during this period, let me know!

ENVA, Norway

Just arrived at Cambridge for the weekend. So if somebody is around it would be a pleasure to meet.

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message