Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Enjoy it @Peter. This is our second homebase.

EDDS , Germany

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I posted a quick report here.

Is anyone around Prague in a week or so?

Administrator

Anyone interested in a meet-up at La Rochelle (LFBH) next weekend between Saturday 31/08 and Monday 02/09?

EGSX

Deauville (LFRG) for one day on Sep7th if anyone is around?
Obviously, I will be duly parked on grass there

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

On the way back from Tivat I might be stopping at Montpellier LFMT around 10th September.

Administrator

I usually avoid “organised” fly-ins like the plague but…

This Saturday, on the island of Bute, the Baird of Bute society is commemorating 109 years of Scottish powered flight – and the concomitant trashing of home-built aeroplanes by inventors endowed with more courage and self-confidence than piloting skill.

The island, with its pretty, smooth, wide, well-drained and obstacle-free grass airstrip with nearby inn is worth a visit for its own sake.

But on Saturday, in an age when nearly every pilot who screws up is scorned by armchair experts citing some endeavour-sapping regulation, I’ll be happy to celebrate the sheer spirit of pioneers like Andrew Baird just as much as their engineering achievements.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Deauville (LFRG) for one day on Sep7th if anyone is around?
Obviously, I will be duly parked on grass there

Gosh no grass parking this time (after 4 previous complaints, especially with a TB20 on hard tarmac )
Hard earned tarmac parking spot but it did not take long for another slick silver Mooney to take the spotlights (he also did beat us on way back across the channel, we were not very good at that USG/h game )

The apron was full of celebs jets for the American film festival (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deauville_American_Film_Festival)
While we did not meet anyone special that day, except the fireman who had a full iPhone album of him and Game Of Thrones film crew

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Sep 22:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

La Rochelle anyone, in September?

Administrator

OK for La Rochelle but limited on dates to only last week September. Early October better.

EGBP Kemble, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message