Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

We didn’t want to make the Bonny feel too bad

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

His mooney was slowing us down on arrival. ;-)

I believe another big LOP, low RPM fuel savvy mooniac ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I believe another big LOP, low RPM fuel savvy mooniac ?

Um, honestly poor descent planning Had to slow down, use speed brakes and still needed more than 1000 feet per minute to make it.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

We have used the first day of the opening of French borders to fly to Quimper (LFRQ). We will stay here for nearly two weeks and use it as a homebase for some flying in Brittany. So If anybody comes around, let us know.

EDDS , Germany

Anyone interested in a meet-up (with the currently specified distancing ) somewhere in the southern UK?

I was tempted to visit Bembridge again after many years but it is grass parking and I don’t know how good/bad. Sandown likewise; never been there for that reason, not being interested in bacon butties Everything within walking distance of Bembridge seems shut, however.

I also don’t fly under the 2500ft LTMA, due to the new CAA 100% bust them all policy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@eddsPeter looks you are living the dream now, staying there in July? (I may ping if visiting LaBaule when BoJo lifts UK 14 days on June 29 )

Sandown & Bembridge seems ok for beach walks now, it seems only private grass strips are open these days for a visit and picnic/walk around, most interesting tarmac places are closed, have funny hours or visitors policy or need a taxi

I am heading to Turweston for midday break & later Charlton Park for picnic & walk tomorrow afternoon

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Jun 14:08

When the 14D is lifted I will head down to Croatia; no messing about

Krk, fly to Rijeka LDRI if anyone is interested? I am guaranteed virus-free, via 3 months of near-seclusion in the geometric centre of back of beyond

Administrator

Hopefully this is lifted in July (not that I have endurance to do 6h leg to Croatia )

I am heading for Bembridge tomorrow, ETA 1100 local. Checked; no food anywhere around.

Administrator

Ibra wrote:

looks you are living the dream now, staying there in July? (I may ping if visiting LaBaule when BoJo lifts UK 14 days on June 29

Unfortunately we have to leave on the 27th of June, but will be back at the 18th of July for one week. Give us the ping @lbra when you come to LaBaule. It is still on our list. :-)

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message