Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ESGG - Landvetter closing out GA aircraft through enormous handling fees

Do not forget to report back how it all went! :)

ESSZ, Sweden

I left two hours ago. No problems, very low traffic intensity, the invoice will be sent by mail.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You landed and parked at ESGP?

ESSZ, Sweden

Yes, I landed and parked for one day at ESGP and departed today for Denmark.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

very low traffic intensity,

Indeed. I don’t really see any practical need for a tower at ESGP. Emergency service helicopters are based at the airport and it appears that the crews are unwilling or unable (due to their ops regs?) to operate from an uncontrolled airport with other traffic. While the airport was untowered, there was a procedure that when an emergency helicopter was about to depart or approached the airfield all other traffic had to leave the traffic circuit by landing or by flying away. During the same time period there was an absolute ban on visiting aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

unwilling or unable
I put my vote on the former. So much easier to put everything in the ATCO’s arms.

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

I put my vote on the former. So much easier to put everything in the ATCO’s arms.

Actually, so would I, but I tried to be charitable :-)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

While the airport was untowered, there was a procedure that when an emergency helicopter was about to depart or approached the airfield all other traffic had to leave the traffic circuit by landing or by flying away.

After a little over a year and a half of having a rescue helicopter based at ESMK, I can report that they are entirely capable to operate and coexist with other users (including the local 3-plane club, a couple of based aircrafts, a very busy skydiving club, and other training traffic) when the tower is closed.
The situation at ESGP was down to willingness (or lackthereof).

ESMK, Sweden
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message