Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maldives and Seychelles - trip report

I’m bit late to the party but I also want to say great trip!

Nothing is impossible, even for a PPL

Now on to reading your next trip report ;)

ESME, ESMS

Great trip report. Looked like an amazing trip.
Thanks for posting.

EGTF, LFMD

Great trip and really interesting report to read. If you need company on next trip, I bet you can find many candidates here

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Even funnier were handling charges outside of Europe. I didn’t post them due to recent discussion.

You should not have felt that is a problem, Loco. Flying a TBM is nothing to be ashamed of. It just means you are very good at whatever you do and you have made enough money doing it

Otherwise, we would never have threads like this where some people basically say they have spent a large 5 figure amount on fuel

@EAL has previously posted some figures, IIRC. They can be really outrageous. Also a lot of con practices take place e.g. they threaten to impose import duty on the fuel in your tanks – until you pull out the middle bit of a toilet roll with a load of $ bills wrapped around it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Vieke wrote:

WoW, amazing trip. How long do you have your IR already? Was it a big conversion tot this type of plane?

IR less than 2 years.
Yes, it takes some time to get used to a heavier plane, but in the end it’s easier to fly higher with deice and radar than low with no protection.

Peter wrote:

The €1455 fuel bill at LGMK is such a joke!

Even funnier were handling charges outside of Europe. I didn’t post them due to recent discussion.

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

How many safety pilot hours did you have to spend before being solo ?
Did you inquire Socata about the bleed alarm ? Are they responsive ?

Class training is 10 hours practice + exam. Once you have the rating in your licence, you can legally fly.
Socata will pay for safety pilot hours, should you decide to use one.

Yes, I contacted Socata about the bleed temp alarm, but they couldn’t diagnose it remotely.
I can only say good things about them. They will go out of their way to keep a customer happy.

LPFR, Poland

That’s serious flying :-)

Your “little” experience will grow fast that way !
As Peter says, you’re already pushing
How many safety pilot hours did you have to spend before being solo ?
Did you inquire Socata about the bleed alarm ? Are they responsive ?

One more time: many thanks for sharing this incredible trip !

Thanks for the post, it’s really fun to read. That was quite a combination of places and cultures in one trip! Far off and exotic places, and the fun of experiencing them even second hand, is a big reason for my enjoyment of EuroGA.

What a great trip. The TBM must be a joy to fly those long legs.

EBGB

Very impressive stuff…….really enjoyed that.

Oxford and Bidford

Wow…now that’s a trip. I can feel a new euroga club the 10,000nm club! Thanks for sharing.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message