Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland Meetup - Oban EGEO 22/23 July 2017

Would anyone be interested in a Scotland meet-up some weekend in June or July?

There is some fantastic scenery along the west coast of Scotland.

I’d suggest a meet-up at Oban, simply because it’s got a hard runway and avgas, and plenty of accommodation nearby.

There are plenty of nice places to visit from there such as Colonsay, Coll, Glenforsa, Isle of Skye, Plockton. A one hour round trip from Oban will be full of the most magical scenery you could ever hope for!

So who’s interested?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It depends on the date, but interested

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Yes, would be of interest. Weather permitting. June and July, can be……lets just say interesting

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Count me in, definitely.

After 10th June or so, but I can’t do 21 June to 3rd July, or the weekend of 8th July (my 60th ).

So, for me, mid June would be a good start. It would be a good run for the new engine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As BB says, the weather will decide. We’ve been lucky so far this year.

For instance, there’s a proposed gathering at Glenforsa on Sunday, but most of us will decide go or no go after breakfast.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I would be up for Oban tomorrow and Friday

2.something hrs each way. Would have to stay overnight.

Administrator

Oban would be fine for me, easy day trip from here.

Andreas IOM

I am planning Oban for tomorrow, EOBT Shoreham 0700 UTC. Should take 2.5hrs.

Administrator

Sat in a hotel near Oban right now. Fourth night here. Intended to leave today but the weather never lifted. I would have done an IFR cruise to and landing at Stornoway but not departing Oban with all those hills. Anyway, weather looking good for Stornoway tomorrow then back to Glenforsa on Friday where we have a room for Friday and Saturday. AA5 Lima X-ray if anyone is there.

Point of information, it’s a struggle finding short notice hotel rooms. We wanted to be at Plockton not Oban but there were no rooms around Plockton and not many around Oban.

strip near EGGW

I should land about 1000Z.

There was a lot on booking.com but at Zurich prices if you want something central I got one for £80 though.

Administrator
95 Posts
Sign in to add your message