Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Entering France

Dear all :)

I plan the long VFR trip from Ukraine to France at D-reg Piper Cherokee
what I found in French AIP GEN 1.2 : All aircraft arriving from abroad and entering the French territory should perform the first landing on an airport provided with Customs, Police and Sanitary controls. Also, all aircraft leaving the French territory abroad should have their last stop in the French territory on such type of airport.

what is your practical experiance ? you realy need to land at the airport with customs even if you fly from inside EU ?

i will enter EU via Poland (international airport with customs), then Czech, Germany.

Thanks and regards,
Oleksii

Advisor
UKKK

Oleksii, concerning France, you should read on to the parts that detail commercial and non-commercial flights. But I admit that the AIP in not easy to understand.

If you arrive in France from Poland (or any other member state of Schengen and EU), the general rule is that you may land at any airfield, even those that have neither customs or immigration.

There are unfortunately some exceptions due to local regulations. Some airfields like Auxerre and Limoges IIRC have issued NOTAMs stating that PPR for customs/immigration is required for all international flights even within Schengen.

Friday I flew from Germany to France. Non-custom airfields at both ends.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

Oleksii, concerning France, you should read on to the parts that detail commercial and non-commercial flights. But I admit that the AIP in not easy to understand.

You should also carefully read the NOTAMs!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Just back from trip to Avignon, they require 24 hours notice Inbound and OUTBOUND for non Schengen flights.
Troyes required the previous day before 1600.

Norman
United Kingdom

The subject was flights within Schengen though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks

will try and report results

Advisor
UKKK

From here

Ibra wrote:

You can get it at Avignon, you can contact Orbifly…you can get it in Cannes, Toussus, Avignon, LePlessis and LeTouquet but I am not aware of other airports, maube gliding clubs? there are not that many FIKI SR22 & DA42 based in Beziers, so not sure who sells & buys that stuff?

PS: I buy O2 & TKS in LeTouquet once a year and it’s a hassle to organise

Just looking at the weather Thursday for Ibiza and want to maximise the duration I can use oxygen and will be stopping via LFMU as suggested.

Is Avignon Customs/Police?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

PPR 24 hours.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes 24h PN from UK, you also need to send 24h PN for in/out Spain, it’s not in AIP/VAC or NOTAMS or law but they will let you know about it…the forms to do PN for intra-Schengen and extra-Schengen is here

https://avignon.aero/preavis-de-depart/

https://avignon.aero/preavis-darrivee/

I have not been to Beziers but I think Avignon airport is way nicer with impressive city center

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Aug 21:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message