Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Syros LGSO Greece AVGAS (and now - 2024 - Customs and Immigration!)

I will be there pretty soon (by ferry, backpacking) so can ask them whether they left their brains somewhere

Maybe someone mis-labelled the drums TKS fluid

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Could this be a sign they’re about to become a port of entry? What pilots save by not going to Mykonos, BP thinks they can put in their pocket (and more)!

Sometimes it seems everything possible is being done to discourage GA travel in Greece.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 26 May 09:28
Tököl LHTL

Source: Greek helicopters on FB

ESME, ESMS

From 3€ to 5€, they must have skipped 4€ because it is obviously an unlucky number in China.

ESME, ESMS

They seem to have added the new CO2-Tax.

Berlin, Germany

Uhh,thats peanuts for me.Give me more!

LGGG

This weekend I refuelled at Sitia and was surprised that I had to pay around 3,5 euro/L (including VAT) while I remembered that the price everywhere in Greece was something around 3 euro/L. The BP guy showed me a new price list for all Greek airports with AVGAS. It appeared that the prices vary substantially. I’ll share it here. As he explained to me, I have to add 24% of VAT to the price in the right column.

LCPH, Cyprus

So the actual price in Syros is 6.731€?

Puns and kidding aside, what is the actual reason? It’s doesn’t make sense, it’s not more difficult to get to Syros with the fuel truck than to any other Island. Do they bring the fuel with a helicopter?

ESME, ESMS

From AOPA Greece on FB:

AVGAS Prices in Greece

AOPA Hellas had a direct communication today with AirBP’s commercial department in Greece. We discussed an “abnormal” price increase of fuel in Syros (LGSO) airport that was implemented few days ago and took the whole GA pilot community by surprise. On a mutual understanding with AirBP and with details that don’t need to be further explained, all AOPA can say for now is that: the issue shall be over in a few days’ time.

Additionally, in the near future AOPA might have some good news regarding one more benefit to AOPA members on the subject of this post …

ESME, ESMS

The expected (very soon) update of the AVGAS price at Syros LGSO following the AOPA Hellas communication

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message