Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Syros LGSO Greece AVGAS (and now - 2024 - Customs and Immigration!)

petakas wrote:

In HCAA AIP ( http://www.hcaa.gr/aip ) at page LGSO AD 2.3 the following is mentioned:
“2 Customs and immigration HO (O/R, 24 HRS PN required)” meaning we can get customs and immigration at 24hrs prior notice.

In HCAA AIP – LGSO AD 1.3-5 the following is mentioned:
“LGSO SYROS / DIMITRIOS VIKELAS D NTL”
NTL meaning National category of airport (i.e. not port of entry)

This is fantastic news. An airfield doesn’t need to be a port of entry to allow customs, so this is not a contradiction. PoE means that customs is available at all times and without prior notice during airport opening hours. Take a look at almost any national AIP for Europe and you’ll find a very short list of PoE Airports along with a sometimes very long list of “other” customs airfields, most needing some sort of PN. France is a perfect example. While not perfect 24HR PNR is (most) often practical for GA. PNR is just notice, unlike PPR, so no response/permission needed.

LSZK, Switzerland

@petakas, brillant video you made with Niko !

LFOU, France

Ooopss, exposed ! (petakas blushing red since he hates public exposure) but with Niko coming over in Greece it was impossible to avoid it LOL!

Please keep the real name non attached to the web username. Its an Internet thing; I want to keep its exposure as low as practically possible, got nothing to hide, just hate web archiving stuff.

There are some things that I intentionally did not mention over that coffee chat at the port about flying in Greece. Its supposed to be a happy video !
The return flight (Part 2 soon to come out) is fabulous too, a low ride along Athens’s Riviera.
Pity he got a non usual weather for Greece. We had a one day time window for the flight because I was busy all week with work and he had to leave next day.

Last Edited by petakas at 26 Feb 09:17
LGMG Megara, Greece

Envy ! Me now being a sitting duck,waiting the Sultan to change my life for good !

LGGG

I recognize the landscape Megara, Egina, Ellinikon airport…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You’ll enjoy the return flight (Part 2). It was flown with the 500 ft. VFR scenic route along the capital’s shoreline.

LGMG Megara, Greece

I really don’t know the lady at the Greek Info but I do really recognize her voice from the journeys I have from and back to Cyprus.

Soros seems a great destination and a stop point once they open it as a port on entry.

LPSR, Portugal

Very nice video and explanations. Looking forwards to the next one!

ESME, ESMS

Jujupilote wrote:

@petakas, brillant video you made with Niko !

Part 2, the return flight video from Syros to Athens with a nice low flight over Athens’s Riviera.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Nice trip and beautiful landscape!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message